2022 Raptor temp display dials, cup holder lights, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
It’s not just the F150’s. My 2021 Bronco order got pushed to a 2022 and it also looses all these same things. The temp on the two HVAC control knobs missing is my biggest complaint. Just looks cheap now.

Not that it is a Raptor, but mine in particular is over $60k. Seems like Ford should have kept it for the higher trims. Mine is a Badlands, luxury package with leather and the Sasquatch package.

They also never told us it was happening.

There are other things missing. Some trims like the WildTrack lost the painted door handles, painted mirror caps.

There are no longer chrome rings around the knobs for the HVAC and other controls for any Bronco trim. So check around, there might be other small things missing from the 2022 Raptor.
I wish I could figure out how Ford prioritizes orders. I ordered my Raptor on 11/23 and the dealer said 18-20 weeks. We ordered my wife’s Bronco a month later on 12/23 and the dealer said it could be over a year wait, and that at their dealership alone, there were over 100 people waiting. We got the VIN and build week for the Bronco yesterday in an email from Ford. Still no word on the Raptor other than the initial email.

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
Ford doesn't even know what rhyme or reason is on this crap. It's all a crap shoot unless you buy one off the lot you are literally touching.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could figure out how Ford prioritizes orders.
I don't know about Ford specifically, but I know how 99% of the large corporations in the US do it. They ask what they can do to book the most revenue as quickly as possible. Then they do that. It's what happens when Harvard MBAs and bean counters run a company.

JCW55110

Reaction score
Yeah I get it. It’s little stupid things and we shouldn’t be ********, but just tonight. Was driving my 2016 Toyota Sienna. It was dark AF and I was damn glad I had ambient lighting in my cup holder to set my drink in. And my 90k truck won’t have that? Cmon man!!
Now throw an absurd ADM on top of this convo. I might just wait for a Tesla truck… LMAO!!

JCW55110

Reaction score
You people are funny. You mean to tell me the inside of your truck is sooooooo dark, you can’t even see your cup holders. I have to turn the internal brightness at night to the lowest. Hell even with the truck shut off I can still see stuff.
Not the point. The price went up, but the digital display on the climate control nobs is gone. Plus.. plus… plus… just sends a bad message centered around greed.

I agreed on a price, placed my order amd laid down my deposit… So I have a financial commitment, but absolutley no commitments from Ford or the greedt dealers to protect incentives, pricing, anything. Again… just sends a bad message centered around greed.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not the point. The price went up, but the digital display on the climate control nobs is gone. Plus.. plus… plus… just sends a bad message centered around greed.

I agreed on a price, placed my order amd laid down my deposit… So I have a financial commitment, but absolutley no commitments from Ford or the greedt dealers to protect incentives, pricing, anything. Again… just sends a bad message centered around greed.
So cancel. I'm sure that there are plenty of buyers who would jump at the chance to pay ADM for a truck without lighted cup holders.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think people are just feeling like its the Ford bean counters stepping in
Well, yeah, they are. Ford is trying to ship as many vehicles as they can. Reducing the chip count per vehicle means that more people get one and Ford gets more money. Win/win. If this were a just world, every person whining about cup holder lights would get their truck, complete with cup holder lights, sometime late next Fall. Talk about first world problems. Some people have worse problems. Like a hangnail. Or a bad haircut. Or a spot on their shirt. Crikey.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sure, you have a financial commitment but no obligation to buy!;) Don’t like the product…don’t buy it!