2021 Raptor order books go live in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tremor is coming summer per press release. I’m not sure what you mean by dragging feet, or you and I are just inpatient LOL.
As in years past on trucks I wanted to prefer to build and see before I ordered,the order banks always opened before the configurator online.
It is frustrating but it is normal practice of Ford.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As in years past on trucks I wanted to prefer to build and see before I ordered,the order banks always opened before the configurator online.
It is frustrating but it is normal practice of Ford.
Thats good information to know... Its kind of backwards, but I guess Ford is doing Ford.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It makes sense. Which tool do you build first? The one that directly gets product out the door or the one that doesn't?

Both would require options and prices to be set before anything is done, and could therefore start build at the same time. I doubt Ford lacks the resources to build both at the same time. Probably takes less time to build the order banks, since the configurator is customer facing, having to be approved by marketing, etc.

Though I would agree that the order banks would be prioritized over configurator if prioritization is needed.

Jax L

Reaction score
You could build and price the Gen 2 all day long before order banks opened weeks in advance. It makes little to no sense to have order banks open before people know exactly what they want. But then again they did put a completely blue interior in this Raptor and people at Ford thought that was a great idea so there that. So who knows...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could build and price the Gen 2 all day long before order banks opened weeks in advance. It makes little to no sense to have order banks open before people know exactly what they want. But then again they did put a completely blue interior in this Raptor and people at Ford thought that was a great idea so there that. So who knows...

Having never done a custom order before, I don't know exactly what that looks like. In my head, I picture having to go to a dealer who's filling out a paper form, or a rather basic looking screen for selecting options.

And while I get that many people want to see a configurator before buying (I would) there are many here who have already mentally committed to a Gen 3 without knowing any pricing and very little about options.

Driver

Reaction score
I agree with you. That being said given the supply issues, If you aren't on the order list yet probably going to be a long time... And may still be a long time for everyone. Order in May receive when? Encouraging that it is a MY22, don't know I'll take it if it's a 21.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Driver

Reaction score
Having never done a custom order before, I don't know exactly what that looks like. In my head, I picture having to go to a dealer who's filling out a paper form, or a rather basic looking screen for selecting options.

And while I get that many people want to see a configurator before buying (I would) there are many here who have already mentally committed to a Gen 3 without knowing any pricing and very little about options.
It's electronic dealer portal. They ask you what they want, they fill it out, submit the order, and give you a copy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk