2021 Raptor order books go live in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020 Raptors are going for mid 70s and up and I just don't see the point in paying that kind of price for something used and no V8 with 700+ HP (yes I know I will get flamed here) but the TRXs are a plenty out there. Not sure I want to pay 70k+ for any truck but if I were to, I'd just go with a level 1 TRX. I do hope the 2021s release pricing very soon so I can figure if I can go order one.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2020 Raptors are going for mid 70s and up and I just don't see the point in paying that kind of price for something used and no V8 with 700+ HP (yes I know I will get flamed here) but the TRXs are a plenty out there. Not sure I want to pay 70k+ for any truck but if I were to, I'd just go with a level 1 TRX. I do hope the 2021s release pricing very soon so I can figure if I can go order one.

I think you should buy the TRX. First year of gen 3 will be pricey and hard to get. By the time you’re tired of the TRX, you will be able to get a Raptor cheaply and easily. It’s going to be a tough year.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
A delay of that magnitude would be a disaster for Ford.

If the Raptor is pushed until December or into 2022, I'd probably get a TRX. I imagine many others would say the same.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should buy the TRX. First year of gen 3 will be pricey and hard to get. By the time you’re tired of the TRX, you will be able to get a Raptor cheaply and easily. It’s going to be a tough year.

I will say that I do think the look of the Ford is better, just has a unique appeal to it. I don't know..

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope there is no extended delay. My GEN 2 has been gone for three weeks now, and I really need to get back into another truck. At this point I am not sure what the holdup is with Ford. It is getting awfully late in the year to release a 2021 model.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ford plants are shutting down for a few weeks to try and get ahold of chip inventory and clean up the backlog of unfinished vehicles. They have done it in Chicago and flat Rock over the past week,and is more than likely going to continue. Obviously we all get differing information based on different dealers and "friends".

I'm only relaying what I heard from a dealer,nothing more.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say that I do think the look of the Ford is better, just has a unique appeal to it. I don't know..

You're not getting 700hp from Ford this year. Maybe next year, but it won't be $70k. More like $90k - $100k. The year after, maybe you could get one that isn't loaded, but why? You need 37s and the Torsen at a minimum. Right now the 37s are married to an extra $5k in options. Say base Raptor plus $10k for 37s/Recaros/stickers/Torsen plus $10k for the blown V8 would make it around $80k if prices stay stable. And prices are anything but stable right now, so it could easily be $90k in two years. And that's not fully loaded. If more than $70k is a problem, buy the TRX and reassess in two years. Bird in the hand and all.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
The ford plants are shutting down for a few weeks to try and get ahold of chip inventory and clean up the backlog of unfinished vehicles. They have done it in Chicago and flat Rock over the past week,and is more than likely going to continue. Obviously we all get differing information based on different dealers and "friends".

I'm only relaying what I heard from a dealer,nothing more.
They are prioritizing what plants do shut down, Kansas City and Dearborn as of now are not shutting down, just reducing some shifts.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you locked in with a dealer that will give u are trx at MSRP or cheaper?