2021 Agate Black, 37 pack, fully loaded, pics and opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Gen 3 looks nice.... BUT the fact that Ford forces you to have Blue interior with the 37 Package and the same old V6 twin turbo was enough to sway a large number of us to the TRX. The ONLY draw now for the Gen 3 Raptor is the 5-link and 37's.

Let's face it most of us that owned a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 modified the suspension right off the bat and it was a huge improvement on both generations. With the Gen 3 there is not that immediate need to raise the front, add Deavers in the rear and get a bump stop kit. But it still has the same lazy turbo lagging V6!

I'm not brand loyal, just want the most bang for the buck as long as it's made by an American company. I've NEVER owned a turbo V6 car or truck until my 2019 Raptor. I just can't get over the lack of power and turbo lag. Yes, the truck is quicker than my Gen 1 but the driving experience is NOT better. I think Ford dropped the ball BIG TIME! They let Ram fill the want/need of so many of us for a high horsepower V8!

I hope those that ordered a Gen 3 are happy with their trucks! I'm moving on to a 702hp good ole American supercharged V8.
Ram is a sub brand of Stellantis a Euro conglomerate that owns it. How American owned do you mean, 40%, 60%?

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get all technical! I guess I should have said Chevy, Ford or Dodge/Ram.

I'll rephrase... I'm not buying a truck made by Toyota, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, VW, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Suzuki, Kia, Audi or Porsche.

Come on man! You knew what I meant!

Attachments

• cmon_man.jpg
    cmon_man.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 4

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't think its a game changing design for the suspension....they were following Ram on that.

The Gen 3 wasn’t engineered after the TRX was released—it has been in development for years. Your kidding yourself if you think Ford is taking notes from Ram on off-road technology. Ram has had a coil rear suspension on all their trucks for a long time. So it’s not surprising they made an “off-road” version for the TRX. Moreover, it is pretty funny that SVC, KHC, and everyone else has released a linked rear suspension of some sort once the Gen 3 was announced/released. If anything, Ford is the one setting trends.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get all technical! I guess I should have said Chevy, Ford or Dodge/Ram.

I'll rephrase... I'm not buying a truck made by Toyota, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, VW, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Suzuki, Kia, Audi or Porsche.

Come on man! You knew what I meant!
I didn’t know what you meant by that but I see your point.