2020 Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Fury Road

Reaction score
Can't even download updates from their site. Tried on two different computers, one mac, one pc, and different browsers. It just spins away. I don't understand how their website can be so ******.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I did notice that my sirius fuel price finder isn’t working any more. I need to read up on that.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Ford saying there is a "new sync 3 update". Is that the legit version of this update??

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What model year do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I copied the email below, at least what would copy. Not sure if this is new news or just recycled old news....

__________________________________________________________________________________

Transform your commute with the new SYNC 3 update
Whether you’re looking to find the quickest route with live traffic updates via Waze, or access your smart home features from the road through Ford+Alexa, SYNC 3’s latest upgrade will change your daily drive as you know it. We’ve added capabilities and performance improvements that can help make your journey smart.
Get the update
Here’s what you could get:
ei

Waze
The fast, accurate navigation recommendations based on real-driver data
ei

Ford+Alexa
Play your favorite music, lock your front door from your car and more with voice commands
ei

AppLink App Catalog
Enjoy an expanding library of apps right in your in-vehicle display
ei

Apple CarPlay
Now, even more Ford owners will be able to communicate with Siri via the phone app, give voice commands with steering wheel controls and get turn-by-turn navigation.
ei

Android Auto Compatibility
Connect with Google for in-dash control of apps, voice commands, access to maps, music, messages and more.
Get the update

Ford Division Marketing Center
ATTN: Marketing
P‌.O‌. Bo‌x 12‌70
Melbo‌urne‌, Flor‌ida 32‌902

All Rights Reserved‌.

Last edited:

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I copied the email below, at least what would copy. Not sure if this is new news or just recycled old news....

__________________________________________________________________________________

Whether you’re looking to find the quickest route with live traffic updates via Waze, or access your smart home features from the road through Ford+Alexa, SYNC 3’s latest upgrade will change your daily drive as you know it. We’ve added capabilities and performance improvements that can help make your journey smart.
Get the update
ei

Waze
ei

Ford+Alexa
Play your favorite music, lock your front door from your car and more with voice commands
ei

AppLink App Catalog
ei

Apple CarPlay
Now, even more Ford owners will be able to communicate with Siri via the phone app, give voice commands with steering wheel controls and get turn-by-turn navigation.
ei

Connect with Google for in-dash control of apps, voice commands, access to maps, music, messages and more.
Get the update

P‌.O‌. Bo‌x 12‌70

All Rights Reserved‌.
Well.... Do the install and tell us what version it is...
Maybe its ver 3.4

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Website says its v3.10. I was able to download it to a USB stick but got an error message on trying to install. Repeated process and got same error message. I then did a scan for updates via wifi and it didn't find anything, that has never seemed to work for me. Appears to be a new update but can't get it as of now.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Get the update
ei

Waze
ei

Ford+Alexa
ei

AppLink App Catalog
ei

Apple CarPlay
ei

Get the update

P‌.O‌. Bo‌x 12‌70

All Rights Reserved‌.

So confused.

So Waze is now a built in app? If so, where is it getting its data from? CarPlay is already enabled, so what's the change here? I cannot find any information via Google on these changes.