2019 vs 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtremes10

Reaction score
hey guys I’m new to the forum and am looking to trade in my 16’ Jeep SRT for a raptor (this will be my second raptor, I had a 2010 with the 6.2 and full bolt ons)

There’s a local dealer here with pretty much the exact truck I would build except that it has the two graphics packages that are a bit pricey to me.

I was just curious what you guys think about the pricing on the 2019 vs a new 2018, are the shocks and upgrades on the 19 worth the extra money up front?

I buy a new vehicle roughly every two to three years as a business write off but I want to make sure I make an informed decision either way. I have a feeling the 19’s will have a better resale value due to the shocks.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
plenty of threads on this.....

the 19 shocks are worth it more if you offrodad a lot, not so much if you are a highway princess like mine is. although, they say the 19's improves on road ride as well and reduces dive and squat.

I decided the shocks were not a big deal for me, so I bought an 18 instead of a 19

Dan Thomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove an 18 before ordering my 19, Now I only drove the 18 for 30 mile round trip, but 3 months later I drove the 19 on the same route, not back to back but I first impression was the 19 seemed to ride better on the road.. Dont know if this helps

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had both. Unless the 18 is a lot less as in $5000 or more I’d stick with a 19. It is much more planted/stable both on and off road. I also feel like the transmission works a lot better in the 2019, less clunky and tighter feeling.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The changes effect mostly off road performance, so if off-road isn't your thing then the 2018 will do
My 2018 w/12k miles - zero trans issues...

ZuluFox

Reaction score
These threads are stupid. Guys with the '18 will swear it's just as good; guys with the '19 will swear the upgrades are worth it. Do you really think someone who bought a '19 will say the '18 is a better value or the fancy new shocks aren't worth it? Drive both and buy what you want.

Dgt1031

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 because the discounts weren’t big enough on the 2018. They are similar trucks and I couldn’t tell the difference in the shocks other than one is blue and the other is orange.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drive them both.

I test drove them back to back... the 19' sold me on the limited body roll when cornering and breaking.

18' felt like an 80's big boat Cadillac, 19' feels as good as my wife's BMW X5.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the 18 because it has features the 19 doesn't have, like moon roof and orange accent interior. I don't off road, so don't care about the shocks.