2019 Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chase99

Reaction score
As you can see I’m not much on posting in the forums. Not a basher either because I’ve been loyal to Ford fan for 30 years. I have always stayed with owning Ford pickups and many of them over the mentioned timeframe. Here goes....had the first Gen Raptor and no issues at all during my ownership. Then I owned several regular f150’s while waiting on the next Gen Raptor to show up. Bought a 17 Raptor, and at the 30k mile mark we had to replace cam phasers NOT ONCE BUT TWICE. Fast forward...really liked a few of the 19 model changes and certainly figured if I purchased one it would take away the phaser issue. NOT THE CASE!! The 19 Raptor, with 7200 miles, went in the shop on Monday and already diagnosed to be Cam Phaser problem and in need of replacement! Please Ford, why after 2 years this is still a problem on a 3rd year production vehicle? I’m not going to rant on, but I will only say I’m deeply disappointed. The dealer has opened a case with Ford. I’m certain FORD will only want to fix the issue and move on without any other considerations. The phone call from Ford should come by week’s end. What would you guys do in this situation?
Thanks
Will
19 Raptor SC
Ingot Silver
Fully Loaded

roushraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow only 7200 miles! That's crazy! Makes me a little nervous about mine! Sorry to hear about your misfortune!

OP
OP
C

chase99

Reaction score
All service on both trucks performed by the dealership. Oil spec and
Filter was to the recommendations by FORD. Intervals at every 5k. The Cam Phaser issue is still a on going problem for Ford!
Thanks

OP
OP
C

chase99

Reaction score
All cam phasers are being replaced per Ford engineering. Will know today during tear down if the chain will also need replacement. Customer Care regional rep has emailed and will be contacting me within 1 business day. Another frustrating round for me. Continued good luck to all that have not experienced this issue with your truck.
Thanks