2019 Raptor Rear-Ended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, though I wish the welcome was under better circumstances.

How did the Audi make out?
Who cares?

First, I’m glad you’re able to type this up and I hope all involved in the collision are healthy.

It’s just heartbreaking to read about your Raptor being taken out by someone in their peasant car. I hope your truck is repaired properly in short order.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you made it out safe which is awesome. At least it was an Audi and not a Suburban like my accident o_O. The big things are listed but there are a dozen minor items which need to be taken into account. I worked in a huge body shop back in high school and every adjuster leaves the sight unseen ability. There are brackets, harnesses, lights, sensors, mounts, spare tire, etc. What you think is small stuff ends up costing a bunch.

Attachments

• 2018-03-19 20.39.30.jpg
    2018-03-19 20.39.30.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 100

Zev

Reaction score

Who cares?

First, I’m glad you’re able to type this up and I hope all involved in the collision are healthy.

It’s just heartbreaking to read about your Raptor being taken out by someone in their peasant car. I hope your truck is repaired properly in short order.
Who cares, I care as an ER healthcare provider in a Level 1 Trauma Center.

Last edited:

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$25,000 for a new frame, including labor, that was in 2020 before inflation hit.
Mine is also a 2019. It got a new tail gate, new rear bumper with assembly and tow hook, new frame and a few other small suspension parts under and a one new tire! The shocks were not damaged, neither was the bed, but they redid the spray in bed liner. The actual cost was $23k out the door. Was done by Caliber Collision, whose work is top notch and are a certified ford body shop. They came up on Ford's website when I searched for a certified body shop near me. I also learned that only certain body shops have the capability of working on aluminum frames. Luckily Caliber was one of them.

I was told that to total it, the cost to repair the damage has to be at least 50% of the value of the truck among other factors. Not sure how you got the $60k value number, but you'd be very lucky if you can find a 2019 in good condition for under $70k, at least where I live in Commiefornia.

In my case, beyond the bumper and a few things behind it, the only other damage was a small kink in the frame. The body shop decided that a new frame is a must, and my insurance had no issues with it. So they ordered it, slapped it on, and it was as good as new. Total out the door was $23k including labor.

This was back in September of 2020, during peak Covid hysteria, and things were slow moving. Took about 6 weeks to get it done.

Good luck with yours, keep us posted.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Who cares, I care as an ER healthcare provider in a Level 1 Trauma Center.

Which has zero to do with the condition of the vehicle that hit him. Not the vehicle occupants mind you, my comment was directed solely at the vehicle itself.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Who cares?

I too was curious, so I care.

Welcome to humanity where you are not everyone and everyone is not you.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to check with a body shop on what constitutes enough reconstruction for the truck's title to be branded 'reconstructed'. In Oregon where I am, if you replace the frame it is required to be a branded title...you can still do it fine, etc., but with a branded title the value dumps, in many cases by 50% or more of pre-collision value.
I know it is tough to consider, especially since you won't be able to replace it easily or timely, but, it may be a bigger consequence to repair it.