2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a ‘17 802A package.
Mine did apply brakes once when my heads up emergency alert system flashed. It took me a bit to figure out what happened.

What actually happened is my adaptive cruise was engaged as I was passing on a double lane......and the cruise system, which will apply brakes to only slow, not stop the vehicle, acted at the same time as heads up alert. (I was passing a wide load transport truck on a divided highway which triggered both systems)

So... it can appear that the heads up alert will stop the vehicle but I believe it won’t apply the brakes unless the cruise is on, and didn’t apply them to an emergency degree of application one would expect with a truly active system.

There's several of us that argue this point back and forth on here. I've linked to a video several times showing that the collision system does actually brake without ACC on, and my experience matches this. I'm not saying all our trucks do it, but mine and some other dude's definitely does.

I might not believe that video (given all the other ones he uploads are of questionable quality) except that it has happened in my truck when someone pulled out in front of me.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers are realizing they're gonna get stuck with leftovers that few will want.

It all depends on what the 2019 costs. You will be right if there is no change in price. But between the new shocks and the Trump tax, it could be a $5k bump in price. That would make the 2018 pretty attractive. We'll find out soon enough.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what the 2019 costs. You will be right if there is no change in price. But between the new shocks and the Trump tax, it could be a $5k bump in price. That would make the 2018 pretty attractive. We'll find out soon enough.

But wouldn't the Trump tariffs also effect all newly built 2018's and that hasn't been the case? I read somewhere that all the steel used to create domestic trucks was obtained within the U.S.

I hope the 2019's price stays the same but I would be ok with a 1K to 2K increase. Not that what I want matters.

Is it normal for order banks to open on a weekend?

Last edited:

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be happy with an increase in price, but I mean I could tolerate up to 1,000 without getting too pissed [emoji23] especially cuz we’ve been waiting so long I feel like in the dark here with details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkidd_39

Reaction score

$5k bump in price? Seriously??

Are tariffs stupid? Yes.

Is Trump kinda stuff. Yes.

Did I vote for him? Yes.

But you won't see that big of an increase.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But wouldn't the Trump tariffs also effect all newly built 2018's and that hasn't been the case? I read somewhere that all the steel used to create domestic trucks was obtained within the U.S.

I hope the 2019's price stays the same but I would be ok with a 1K to 2K increase. Not that what I want matters.

NAFTA and EU tariffs on steel and aluminum started May 31. The raw material from any truck landing on a dealer's lot today was purchased many months ago. And on top of that, many companies stockpiled ahead of the tariffs, so the effects haven't really trickled down yet.

It really doesn't matter where the steel/aluminum comes from because the entire point of the tariffs is to allow domestic producers to raise their prices and become more profitable. All steel and aluminum is more expensive, not just the imported stuff.

And more recently Trump is threatening to impose a 10%-25% tariffs on all imported auto parts. 1/3 of the F-150 is made from imported parts, so that is a direct hit. And just like the steel/aluminum, these tariffs will allow domestic producers to raise their prices, so it really doesn't matter where something is made, everything gets more expensive in a trade war.

Ford will probably absorb the price increases in their more price-senstive segments, but they will have to make up for those losses in their less price-sensitive vehicles. Given the ADMs people are willing to pay, no doubt the Raptor will be one of the vehicles that Ford tries to squeeze more money out of.

2thfixr

Reaction score

The last 2018 Raptor sticker I saw showed built with all materials from US and assembled in US but engine was from Mexico.

Calabro

Reaction score
I am telling you this thing 2018 Raptor applied the brakes right before I almost smashed into another car. Of corse admitted doing something was not supposed to be doing . So yes it applyed the brakes for me.