2019 Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know bowtie- if I was buying a Jenny, I'd heavily favor the 19 with the electric shocks over the 17-18 trucks. I think Ford did just give you a major kick to the nards, even if you don't feel it yet. The shocks are where it's at on a Raptor, and any improvement of them from the factory IS a big change. It's amazing Ford kept it under wraps.

you have to be joking.

A week ago, anyone would have said that the shocks on the 17-18 raptors are amazing and best in class.

But now they suck??? LOL

I honestly do not know if I would even take the time to swap out to the new shocks if they were given to me for FREE. The current shocks are awesome to me.

I'd want to see a year or 2 of use and feedback from members first. I suspect it will be a whole lot of nothing, but hope I'm wrong.

Yea I see what your saying Eric but I have to agree with DF too... I have not come anywhere close to finding the limits of my current shocks, maybe that makes me a mall crawler haha.

But in all seriousness they are just shocks which are easy enough to upgrade and these new ones will probably even retrofit into 17-18 models eventually if they prove worthy.

I'm just happy for all 17-18 owners that Ford didn't announce the 2019 Raptor as coming with a 7.4L V8 with 4 turbos a blower and BJ Baldwin in the back seat ready to drive for you.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting changes, nothing that really means much to me though.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

yuck!

I hope this is just a poor rendering and they really look better then that.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping since they had the orange interior that they would bring back molten orange or something close. I'd like to see what it looks like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gonup2

Reaction score
hopefully they have another color besides blue seats if you order a ruby red truck

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of having a "comfort" setting for daily driving the raptor and for long trips.

Pretty sure there is no user selection with regards to the damping of the shocks. All my other cars that had this feature did have user selection, seemed gimmicky after a day. It also makes upgrading shocks a PITA if you want to do that.

CCole77

Reaction score
Glad I didn't wait for a '19. Not enough updates or changes there. The one I really thought they were going to add that I wanted was the massage seats...

I do not see those recaro seats wearing well...

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is no user selection with regards to the damping of the shocks. All my other cars that had this feature did have user selection, seemed gimmicky after a day. It also makes upgrading shocks a PITA if you want to do that.

Even if it's not user selectable...... but if normal driving mode had a softer setting and the other driving modes had more aggressive settings, I'd be okay with that.

Honestly not interested in changing the shocks on this truck. I've changed them on the last 4 trucks and I'm over all of that. It's actually one of the reasons why I want the Raptor. It has an amazing setup from the factory and I won't have to change a thing.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I’d have to disagree. Had a Lexus GS with selectable settings and the difference was quite noticable to me. My cousins Panamera is the same way. Big difference in handling between the different drive modes.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d have to disagree. Had a Lexus GS with selectable settings and the difference was quite noticable to me. My cousins Panamera is the same way. Big difference in handling between the different drive modes.

I'd agree with you as the driving modes on the GT350, Sport/Track/Drag Strip are definitely real. However, given my plans (medium level off roading with the Raptor) I'm OK with the 2018 Raptor as is. Not worth it (to me) to wait on a 2019 and deal with the dealer BS at this point.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sorry I didn't mean to suggest that the different settings were not noticeable, they are for sure. What I meant was that after I found my ideal setting, I rarely, if ever changed it.