2018 w/ 10k miles. Hard 4th to 5th shift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylrpal

Reaction score
2018 that just rolled over to 12k. I also began noticing 4th to 5th hard shifts. All other shifts are smooth. Ive also noticed a bit of hesitation between gears occasionally. As if its confused what gear it/you want it to be in.

OP
OP
D

dlow

Reaction score
Had the dealer take a look. Of course everything was fine on the way in and they found nothing when they drove it. Reset the calibration and drove ~30 miles home. Put it into sport mode, turned onto the highway from a stop sign, and had an EXTREMELY hard shift from 1st to second. We'll see how things go. Good thing I was already planning on getting the extended warranty.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Had the dealer take a look. Of course everything was fine on the way in and they found nothing when they drove it. Reset the calibration and drove ~30 miles home. Put it into sport mode, turned onto the highway from a stop sign, and had an EXTREMELY hard shift from 1st to second. We'll see how things go. Good thing I was already planning on getting the extended warranty.

Reset the calibration? Same as re-learn?
Did they reflash/update the PCM?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Mine slams into 2nd sometimes in Sport also. I haven't taken it in yet, but I will plan on having the PCM reflashed per the TSB.

OP
OP
D

dlow

Reaction score
Reset the calibration? Same as re-learn?
Did they reflash/update the PCM?

Reset the learning or whatever it's called. As far as I can tell the there was no reflash. They didn't mention the TSB when they showed me the list though they did show me all the optional ones they were aware of. I'm jabroni619, would love to know the one that covers the pcm reprogramming.

OP
OP
D

dlow

Reaction score
TSB 18-2274, built on or before May 15, 2018. I have it printed out ready to flop on the writer's desk, when I take it in.

Someone posted it here. Here's the pdf from the google search. If it doesn't work, just google the number, will pop right up.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwiQo9Pmx8vfAhUMEawKHR0qD9oQFjABegQIBRAC&url=https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/attachments/152312d1537470654-new-tsb-2018-10sp-tsb-18-2274-3-.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2Q50F66CfmVRpJLcZGBHLt

Thanks man. I'll bring this with me when I get the safety recalls done.