2013 hard shift 3rd to 4th and 4 to 5th. Grinding noise heard as well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
I have two ford dealerships I guess I can take it to the other one, I will just have to pay the inspection fee.
I agree that the hours feels like roo much I also find it hard to believe that I new a full transmission. That is what the service person said.
Should I just take it to a transmission shop? Take my chances there?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two ford dealerships I guess I can take it to the other one, I will just have to pay the inspection fee.
I agree that the hours feels like roo much I also find it hard to believe that I new a full transmission. That is what the service person said.
Should I just take it to a transmission shop? Take my chances there?
Any chance you’re within driving distance of Amarillo? There is a place called Precision Transmission, check the guy (Richard) out on YouTube, his knowledge is incredible.

OP
OP
K

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
Anyone in El Paso, TX that can recommend me a good Trans shop. I am finding a difficult time searching for someone reliable that can work on these transmissions. Ford dealerships are crazy expensive. Not sure if I want to pay that much.

OP
OP
K

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
I want to close the loop on this thread,
5k later I got a new transmission, so far so good been driving her for a week or so and its been great. I do feel more torque and power, not sure if its just me because I know that it is a new transmission. According to the mechanic 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears were pretty much done. He was surprised that the truck still moved forward. 1st gear was starting to go back. But he said the rest were in really bad shape. The transmission fluid was burnt and had a lot of shavings more than normal. Kind of strange the truck never showed it overheating. I also make sure to change the fluid when it is time. Well needless to say that I have my Raptor back and loving it.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in.