2018 Raptor Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Paying MSRP is ridiculous on these. There is a thread here showing the invoice pricing... if you can't get $4k under MSRP, you are doing poorly. Since you are patient, why not wait a bit longer for the new engine. It IS coming, and will have better reliability than the current ecoboost.

******* idiot you don't even own one and getting 4K under? Come back to planet earth

Hater

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Since when is paying MSRP acceptable? These will come down in price. In my past with SVT products, I used my Ford discount quite easily.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Msrp is fine. The deposit thing is crap. My dealer did not ask for one penny. Sanderson sounds like they will put you towards the end of their allocation list. Many people have stated that their trucks will be coming in much faster then the 2017s did. They should for god sakes. Mine took six months. You should be in the ball park for under 60k with the 801 package. I have the 802 with some add ones and I was under. Well, mines a supercab. Not sure what cab size your getting. Good luck. Post pics once you get one.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since when is paying MSRP acceptable? These will come down in price. In my past with SVT products, I used my Ford discount quite easily.

If you have a good connection with the dealer than maybe you can get a below MSRP deal. The discounts don't run on specialty vehicles and because dealers can get MSRP they aren't going to be dropping prices any time soon. OP said he didn't want to wait so why don't you run along you're going to be late for the short bus.

OP you should be fine ordering a truck from a dealer at that price. My dealer asked for a 1k deposit and said that they'll probably only take them for the first few orders. You could maybe ask them to drop it as it seems excessive to what most put down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank guys appreciate all of the advice so far. When I go in this weekend I'll see about getting the deposit dropped to 1k, I thought 5 was high but wasn't sure as I have never ordeed a vehicle before. As far as cab size looking at a crew cab, and the color will be black.

I'll be happy to post photos when in. I'm sure when I get the order placed I'll be asking from you all how to monitor it and who to call for status.

Has anyone taken an 18 delivery yet? Wondering if my wait will be sooner rat her than later?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Msrp is fine. The deposit thing is crap. My dealer did not ask for one penny. Sanderson sounds like they will put you towards the end of their allocation list. Many people have stated that their trucks will be coming in much faster then the 2017s did. They should for god sakes. Mine took six months. You should be in the ball park for under 60k with the 801 package. I have the 802 with some add ones and I was under. Well, mines a supercab. Not sure what cab size your getting. Good luck. Post pics once you get one.

I'd actually feel better with a nominal deposit because it creates a binding contract with the dealer. Lots of guys have been screwed by dealers pulling the order and giving it to someone else when they realized they could sell it for more. Many states require money to change hands for a contract to be enforceable and is why many contracts are for $1.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd actually feel better with a nominal deposit because it creates a binding contract with the dealer. Lots of guys have been screwed by dealers pulling the order and giving it to someone else when they realized they could sell it for more. Many states require money to change hands for a contract to be enforceable and is why many contracts are for $1.

But does it create a binding contract? Have you read anywhere that says the dealer is obligated to sell you a raptor and can't simply give you your money back? Is there a stipulation in there that says the dealer has to sell you a specific vin? Otherwise what's to keep them from doing what you're saying and simply sell you one at a later time when demand is weaker? Lastly, is there even a contract at all or is it wishful thinking?

If it doesn't list all those things, and I highly doubt it does, it does absolutely nothing to assure the buyer of anything at all and does everything to ensure the dealer has everything to gain.