2018 Raptor Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But does it create a binding contract? Have you read anywhere that says the dealer is obligated to sell you a raptor and can't simply give you your money back? Is there a stipulation in there that says the dealer has to sell you a specific vin? Otherwise what's to keep them from doing what you're saying and simply sell you one at a later time when demand is weaker? Lastly, is there even a contract at all or is it wishful thinking?

If it doesn't list all those things, and I highly doubt it does, it does absolutely nothing to assure the buyer of anything at all and does everything to ensure the dealer has everything to gain.

If I made a deal to buy a 2018, I would make sure my deposit paperwork specifies options, price, allotment number, estimated delivery, and necessary signatures. And to make it legally binding, I'd give them a $500 deposit. That is something you can take to court if they screw you over. Anything less is just a promise and promises are easy to break.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Sounds like they didn't have a relationship with their dealer, or those dealers are crooked.

Lots of stories on this forum from guys getting screwed by dealers that they thought they had a relationship with. Money usually comes before friendship.

I typically go into everything assuming I'm going to get screwed and make sure I'm protected if push comes to shove.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of stories on this forum from guys getting screwed by dealers that they thought they had a relationship with. Money usually comes before friendship.

I typically go into everything assuming I'm going to get screwed and make sure I'm protected if push comes to shove.

Guess that's why I like my small town dealer and my existing relationship with them. Peace of mind is nice.

OP
OP
C

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i am going in tomorrow and the dealer is going to let me test drive a 17 before i order an 18. Im so excited, as long as i like it ill be placing the order. anyone know when production starts, as they told me i would get one of the first allocations they get? One other thing, is it common to be able to test drive a raptor, i never thought they would allow it but was given a yes by the sales manager when i talked to him, just want to see if you think they might be jerking my chain.

thanks guys

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old dealer said they would let me test drive there special order one. They said only serious buyers though. Which I was going to be, that was until they were not getting enough allocations. So, I went to another dealer and ordered one. They were not getting a demo though. Every allocation of theirs were customer order. 20 allocations, I was #5.

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old dealer said they would let me test drive there special order one. They said only serious buyers though. Which I was going to be, that was until they were not getting enough allocations. So, I went to another dealer and ordered one. They were not getting a demo though. Every allocation of theirs were customer order. 20 allocations, I was #5.
I test drive at Corning Ford (Redding) in CA. I was just a walk in, no previous relationship. I just wanted to drive one. They still wanted 10k ADM, so I never truly intended to buy. Remember, you just have to play their game. "I might change my mind to buy after driving one." Just an example. I also had a newer sales guy. Had they been willing to go MSRP, I would have bought it. It was pretty close to how I would order it.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I test drive at Corning Ford (Redding) in CA. I was just a walk in, no previous relationship. I just wanted to drive one. They still wanted 10k ADM, so I never truly intended to buy. Remember, you just have to play their game. "I might change my mind to buy after driving one." Just an example. I also had a newer sales guy. Had they been willing to go MSRP, I would have bought it. It was pretty close to how I would order it.

Dealer I went to had nearly thirty on the lot. I went out of my way to get to this place so I could see all the options and colors side by side. They let me test drive no questions asked and before we even talked price. I assumed they had a stupid high ADM and that's why they were sitting on so many Raptors. Yep, $20k ADM. I said no thanks and sent the dealer a picture of my new truck a few days later that I picked up for MSRP out of state.