2018 new Raptor Water Leak inside Cabin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drenezz

Reaction score
After 100 pages about this subject...have we all ever figured out a 100% fact that the SCREW sunroof leaks on purpose into the trays and out drain holes and do not get anything wet on the interior? Or should you almost never see an ounce of water weep in between the the stationary glass and the moveable one? I ask this as I see drips on my SCREW and moonroof, doesn't get wet outside the trays and drains. My Explorer barely if ever leaks even on a pressurised wash.

Darick

Reaction score
After 100 pages about this subject...have we all ever figured out a 100% fact that the SCREW sunroof leaks on purpose into the trays and out drain holes and do not get anything wet on the interior? Or should you almost never see an ounce of water weep in between the the stationary glass and the moveable one? I ask this as I see drips on my SCREW and moonroof, doesn't get wet outside the trays and drains. My Explorer barely if ever leaks even on a pressurised wash.

The sunroof seal is not water tight. It allows water in and channels it out of the drain tubes. The reason for the seal is for wind.

drenezz

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It so weird watch small drips come in when sitting at a red light in a rainstorm when the shade is open.

stuka

Reaction score
FWIW the indie BMW shop I use the owner has a 17 and his drain tube was not connected and water leaked into his cabin when his truck had 80 miles on the clock.

I ordered mine without sunroof.

Tony Raptor

Reaction score
I have water coming in after a Car Wash from bottom, there is all mold on my rear carpets and dealer says my rear cabin vent wasn't seated properly but after taking possession of it there was no difference, still mold growing and water accumlating.. hopefully this won't be a back and forth battle with dealership.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have water coming in after a Car Wash from bottom, there is all mold on my rear carpets and dealer says my rear cabin vent wasn't seated properly but after taking possession of it there was no difference, still mold growing and water accumlating.. hopefully this won't be a back and forth battle with dealership.
Could possibly be 3rd brake light leaking down & around the rear slider but doubful

I have no clue why Ford built "vents" in the back of the cab made outta some fabric substance, wtf?!?

I think someone should do a poll thread - Who has water leaks in the Raptor, w/ sunroff & w/o sunroof & type of leak - may help w/ some diagnosis.

The sunroof had me sketched out from the get go, but I got one w/ it anyhow as there were very few decently optioned SCREW Raptors in my area WITHOUT it - most seem to have it.