2018 Gen 2 97% street, shock rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I’m at 45,000 miles on my 2018 Screw Raptor, how many here have rebuilt the fox shocks. I think FOX says every 50k for street use but not sure. Anyone with 100k miles plus that has not, notice any difference?

Reaction score
I have 73k miles and I believe it has never been replaced. This is a new to me truck. I already noticed it needs a rebuild so gonna be sending them out soon. Planning on using TSW services. Others have recommended. Some people have gone up over 100k miles without replacing them.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m only at 36k, but I doubt I’ll do the rebuild at 50k. But we’ll see. I’ve done a little bit of scouting to see about rebuild or exchange options, but the only one I really trust so far would be to just have Fox rebuild them. Only downside is you’ll be without a ride for the time being and idk how long it would really take.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a little food for thought:

If you are rebuilding them yourself, I would imagine getting into them before they “need” it would be better since things tend to come apart better with less age.

If you are swapping them out, you will likely get more for them on the core the newer they are.

When does a shock “need” rebuilt? If you go to Instagram pages for the shock rebuilders, they all recommend not stretching it out. They are meant to be rebuilt, which often means easier to work on.

Note I have never rebuilt an oem raptor/fox shock before. Not sure how hard they would be to bleed with the internal bypass but if they have a bleed screw it shouldn’t be too bad.

You can recharge the nitrogen in them. You would either use a needle or remove the pellet and install a Schrader.

Last edited:

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why cheap out on the suspension? Isn't that one of the main reasons for buying a raptor?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the consensus is drive them until you notice your ride start to suffer, then act.

My 2018 with 48,000 miles is the same...95% street queen with 3-4 light to moderate off-road trips totally less then 15 miles.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine’s at 43k and I feel nothing that tells me to do it at 50

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc