2017 Raptor Replacement Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick4444

Reaction score
Good evening and Happy 2021,

I have read a lot of posts about interior leaks on Raptors. Unfortunately, my 2017 Raptor had some water coming in from the back window. It has soaked the carpet and the pad. I was told I now need to replace both. I was hoping to do this myself, but I can't seem to find any pre-molded carpets for the 2017 Raptor. Has anyone had any luck finding these? If so, can you provide me with the link?

wkasak_17Raptor

Reaction score
How bad is it? I had a similar leak from my back window and carpet was soaked through in the drivers back and drivers front. I removed the drivers seat pulled back the carpet/pad and placed fans on it for a few days in the garage. It all dried out nicely. Followed up with a good deep cleaning and shampoo. A professional with an carpet extractor machine would be better but I have not had any issues. No mold, no smells, etc. Replacing the carpet if it's still in good shape will be time consuming and expensive. Good luck!

OP
OP
N

Nick4444

Reaction score
It is pretty bad. I called a detailer and he essentially said that if the pad is wet it will be hard to ever get dry without replacing it. But maybe I could take all the seats out and try to dry the pad out directly, possibly with a dehumidifier.

I saw that they make pre-molded carpet for all the F150 (except Raptors apparently) that are only a few hundred dollars. I was hoping to find those and just do the work myself, it looks like a pain but not super difficult. Not sure why it is impossible to find for Raptors though!

wkasak_17Raptor

Reaction score
My padding was completely soaked (like a sponge) and it dried out nicely. Use a shop vacuum to suck up as much of the water as you can first. I tried a dehumidifier but that didn't seem to help much. Pulling back the carpet/pad and getting as many fans on it as possible for air flow dried it out. Driver's seat was easy to remove. 4 bolts and an electrical connector or two. Pulled up a bunch of the trim too...all snap into place. That allowed me to raise the carpet up to get a bunch of air flow under it. Took about 2-3 days continuously running the fans to get it where I was happy with the results (completely dry). Not sure if you were able to get any help from insurance but neither my extended Ford warranty or auto insurance would cover replacing the carpet or rear window just for a leak. I would have had to prove it was recently broken or damaged which it wasn't...it ended up just being a bad seal job from the rear window being replaced by the previous owner due to a defroster not working issue.

OP
OP
N

Nick4444

Reaction score
Cool, I appreciate the feedback. I am definitely going to try this first. I don't have a garage (which is a little bit of a bummer) but certainly worth a shot.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Good evening and Happy 2021,

I have read a lot of posts about interior leaks on Raptors. Unfortunately, my 2017 Raptor had some water coming in from the back window. It has soaked the carpet and the pad. I was told I now need to replace both. I was hoping to do this myself, but I can't seem to find any pre-molded carpets for the 2017 Raptor. Has anyone had any luck finding these? If so, can you provide me with the link?
https://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?ItemId=23444

I need to replace my carpet too. I've just been putting it off until it gets a cage.

OP
OP
N

Nick4444

Reaction score

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I called a carpet place and they said the interior was a different size on the Raptor. I called this company and they said this should fit the Raptor. Hopefully it will work and not be a complete disaster.

the cab dimensions are the same. The raptor cab has some structural differences, but the dimensions are pretty much spot on.