2017 Order guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
802A comes with the Sony subwoofer

Well, I was hoping that would be the case - I asked specifically when selecting options. I got the shrugged shoulders from sales.
Not that it is super strong, but I like the little added bass - put the vehicle specific one in my '14 f-150, I think it was worth the price and was easy enough to install.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I was hoping that would be the case - I asked specifically when selecting options. I got the shrugged shoulders from sales.
Not that it is super strong, but I like the little added bass - put the vehicle specific one in my '14 f-150, I think it was worth the price and was easy enough to install.

I have been looking at some other forums and trying to get ideas on ways to upgrade the factory Sony subwoofer. I even picked up a Kicker 8'' shallow sub that is supposed to fit in the factory box, with a few modifications.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, clarify: I replaced the Sony sub in my '14 with the factory designated Kicker, it was an improvement, but not really knock your socks off great. I want to say I found a really good deal from a dealer in Florida. Sony is definitely better than stock, but really only marginally. I think the problems occur with capacitors and nannies involved in order to not allow you to blow the speakers.
At the same time, I'm kind of over the whole aftermarket expense and gutting for stereo equipment, plus it has already caused enough hearing loss...I think?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, clarify: I replaced the Sony sub in my '14 with the factory designated Kicker, it was an improvement, but not really knock your socks off great. I want to say I found a really good deal from a dealer in Florida. Sony is definitely better than stock, but really only marginally. I think the problems occur with capacitors and nannies involved in order to not allow you to blow the speakers.
At the same time, I'm kind of over the whole aftermarket expense and gutting for stereo equipment, plus it has already caused enough hearing loss...I think?

I dont listen to music loud anymore like I used to. If the system has crisp highs, good mids, and can produce lows at mid-volume Im satisfied.

I used to be into big bass and crazy systems but my last system got stolen out of my Jeep which I probably will never replace because it was about $2k worth of equipment.

Ive never heard the factory sony subs in Fords but Im sure itll be good enough for me.