2017+ Baja Designs Stainless Triple Fog Kits, In Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are, I believe, right on both counts. I realized after a buddy did my install that he reversed the brackets on one side. The lights were sunken in on that side. That is in spite of the fact BD tells you in the instructions it doesn't matter which way you put the brackets on. That may be true, but be sure you do both sides the same. When attempting to remove the lights to correct it, the screws immediately stripped; that's how soft the heads of the screws are. And I only had it installed a few months with no off roading at all.

I do have to say that BD customer service was great. I mailed the lights to them and they replaced the housing on them and sent them back with new screws.

But they really need to use better, harder screws.
They’re customer service is definitely one of the best in the industry. I’ve never come across a bad light, it’s just been the bolts.

The brackets are definitely side specific, just looking at them I don’t know how you could install them opposite sides.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
But they really need to use better, harder screws.
"I've never stripped/snapped a bolt provided by Baja Designs" -Said no Baja Designs dealer EVER :)

are you LISTENING B/D ?

B/D customers are in 2 groups.
Those who have stripped a B/D provided mounting bolt.
and those who will.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Hmmm, well I was going to purchase all BD lights but now I might stick with Rigid since they've been around a long time and my ditch lights are Rigid's "D" series.

Rigid are releasing some updated lights also.

OP
OP
NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm, well I was going to purchase all BD lights but now I might stick with Rigid since they've been around a long time and my ditch lights are Rigid's "D" series.

Rigid’s aren’t bad, but they’ve lost their quality in recent years in my opinion, and being bought out didn’t help much either.

Ever since we went only BD, there’s been zero issues and no complaints besides those bolts. The customer service also makes up for the extra premium and just the whole quality of BD. You can also service them yourself if something does break, and swap lenses and filters as you please.

We only run BD on our trucks and it’s the only light I’ll ever run personally.

Shoot us a message and I’d love to chat more and see if I can help answer some questions between the two brands and lend some extra insight. At the end of the day, you do get what you pay for in this industry.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha! Gotta keep extras on hand!

You can keep all the extras on hand but if you can’t remove the stripped one it doesn’t do much good. As for reversing brackets, I’m not speaking of the long bracket you show that holds all 3 lights on each side. I’m speaking of the bracket that screws to each light and has a particular bend to it.

My first set of lights for my 17 Raptor were Rigid. I liked them. Then on my 19 I got BD. I found them much brighter. I also got the small BD bar that goes in the lower grill. I was initially impressed. I am less so now. I find the output to be on the yellow side and don’t like that.

Fast forward to Raptor Assault. While I was having a blast in their truck, my wife took mine to have the same bar their trucks have and a Rigid E Series combo spot driving bar installed. That thing is like the sun. Well made. You can’t go wrong.