2015 Ford F-150 spied in the rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you talking about when they had commercials about the miracle Allison transmission that can barely handle the stock output of their diesel engine, which has 25% less output than the ford and dodge diesels, who's transmissions can handle almost twice the output of their stock diesels?

I have only read good things about Allison transmissions. I never knew they were such a weak link.

As far as the commercials go, I was referring to a big series of commercials with Howie Long and their side-by-side comparisons with Ford, Dodge, Toyota etc. Also, the new GMC commercials where they say they've put X amount of strain on the frame or something like that for a ridiculous number of times.

Don't get me wrong. I like my Ford, but from what I'm gathering here is that there is a big gap between Ford and GM. I think we can all agree that both of their service centers suck though

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe it but I actually agree with what 6.2 is saying. I do t like GMs but I've had one and never had any probls with it. Loved the engine and power. The interior wasn't as good quality as the Ford. At the time all Ford had was the 4.6 and 5.4 and the GM engines were much better, IMO. I still chose an F150 twice after that GM just because of comfort and interior quality. There is a reason Ford sells so many trucks, people just like them better. Fords product is better than GM but it's not complete junk.

okay, we can get over it now, even I said factually, they're not complete junk, guess what, I own 2 gm vehicles, and I love them almost as much as my raptor, doesn't change my OPINION (can you read that now?) that gm is the worst american car manufacturer out there

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gm is hardly the worst american auto maker......

seriously, who is then, and don't tell me some manufacturer who hasn't been around for 10 or more years, we're talking about current manufacturers

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe it but I actually agree with what 6.2 is saying. I do t like GMs but I've had one and never had any probls with it. Loved the engine and power. The interior wasn't as good quality as the Ford. At the time all Ford had was the 4.6 and 5.4 and the GM engines were much better, IMO. I still chose an F150 twice after that GM just because of comfort and interior quality. There is a reason Ford sells so many trucks, people just like them better. Fords product is better than GM but it's not complete junk.

Interior is my main negative feedback besides the business side and non technological advances on GM. Feedback which will be where all my opinions spoken from will come as for as the product. I tend to refrain from posting opinions based on social media as anyone can edit these days and speak from hear say by getting sucked in from con artists (commercials), ect...... I can say, my 03 Harley truck has thrown down serious power on the stock 4r100 before going bullet proof so I agree on the super duties stock tranny's. these were fords super duty tranny's in the supercharged year lightnings/Harley's.

Banned
Reaction score
seriously, who is then, and don't tell me some manufacturer who hasn't been around for 10 or more years, we're talking about current manufacturers

well, that depends, are we going by your "opinion" or by facts from history?

my opinion, chrysler is the worst.

however, if you look at the biggest recalls in history, ford would be the worst.
ford holds the top two largest recalls from what I can find on the internet.
as well as a few others spots.

if we look at sales numbers, Chrysler puts out the worst sales numbers, so you could look at them as the worst in that aspect.
same with quality rankings from several sites, they put chrysler products below ford and GM. so going by that, Chrysler is the worst.

and you are entitled to your opinion, but if we go by the facts, GM isn't the worst US Automaker out there. they aren't the best either. you can like them the least and i wont give a shit. but to go around stating your opinions as if they are facts, then challenging anyone else who has a differing opinion is just childish.

which, i guess you have only been an adult for less than a year. makes sense.

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gm is hardly the worst american auto maker......

okay 6.2, I'm sorry, you don't know how GM has screwed us over here in america, everybody knows about the bailout, but GM still has not paid off that bailout with their own funds, they knew they never would, so they are selling themselves to a car manufacturing company in china, which, very likely, will try to dismiss the bailout funds owed to america once they have full control of the company, whoever owns GM is the lowest lifeform on the planet, this coupled with GMs neverending pursuit to deny all attempts by their own R&D departments to improve vehicle systems is why GM is in my opinion the worst american car manufacturer right now, they want to live forever in the past and not even try to improve, and believe they do not have to pay back something that is owed, especially when it's billions of dollars to the country that made them who they are

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

chrysler......

at least chrysler tries to improve and bring money back in, I may not rather have any of the specific chrysler brand products than a GM product, but there are many dodges I would rather have

yes, I would rather leak a streak of oil the 80+ miles I commute every day and have to completely refill the engine oil every day than give 1 penny to the sack of shit who owns general motors

Last edited:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the reason I'm trying to get my employees wife a job for FORD!!! I told him already that I was helping him that last go round and NO MORE for this exact reason. It's sad yet America always gets put on the back burner ayy!!! .

Banned
Reaction score
I revised my post, and I dont know how GM has screwed you as an american over? really.... So I guess when Canada lent GM money, that came from you americans? right? how silly of me to think a canada gave GM canadian money, PFT. man, you need to grow up. stop thinking you know everything without doing ay research. canada paid bailout money as well as the US. you arent the only ones making cars you know. we make them up here to....

and GM has repaid their 50 billion dollar bailout as per the terms set out back in 08. so, not really sure why you are bringing that into this debate in the first place. Chrysler took money as well. As did Ford, albiet not as a bailout, but rather a line of credit in 2006.

so, going by that they are all pretty equal in that category.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well, that depends, are we going by your "opinion" or by facts from history?

my opinion, chrysler is the worst.

however, if you look at the biggest recalls in history, ford would be the worst.
ford holds the top two largest recalls from what I can find on the internet.
as well as a few others spots.

if we look at sales numbers, Chrysler puts out the worst sales numbers, so you could look at them as the worst in that aspect.
same with quality rankings from several sites, they put chrysler products below ford and GM. so going by that, Chrysler is the worst.

and you are entitled to your opinion, but if we go by the facts, GM isn't the worst US Automaker out there. they aren't the best either. you can like them the least and i wont give a shit. but to go around stating your opinions as if they are facts, then challenging anyone else who has a differing opinion is just childish.

which, i guess you have only been an adult for less than a year. makes sense.

seriously dude, take your own advice, you have been challenging my opinion, which I have admitted to being my opinion at every turn, with your opinion this entire time, and the more vehicles a manufacturer sells, the more likely they're going to have major recalls, which is why honda and toyota had more recalls last year than all of the other manufacturers combined