2014 Tuxedo black Special Edition build by TheDoubleAA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long day at TheDoubleAA today with David and Andrew on a awesome 2014 Tuxedo Black Special Edition Raptor.
What was done:
Grill Lighting, Hood Vent Lighting, Light up SVT's, Vent lights, Cup holder lighting, Footwells Front and rear, Door pocket lighting all four doors, Image projectors and Wheel Well lighting. All but cup holder are on remote control system for static color choices and options of fading and music control.
Video Below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZNyqamwtSs

D

Deleted member 12951

Yeah talks about the door pockets a lot for something they won't do again. I am sure if there is enough money in it, they will do it again.....

I thought it looked pretty cool

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor party bus edition.

That looks pretty cool/well done work. The dancing lights are a little much for me though. Did you use LEDs for bikes etc? Those are pretty easy to place, just running the wires is a pain. Well done

OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I REALLY like this. What all went into the install, and where do I find the bits?

Also....you mentioned that you will NEVER do the door pocket lighting again. Why is that?

Thanks!!!

There was about a thousand solder joints or atleast felt like it. Short of stripping out the seats we had the interior interior apart and a good bit of the exterior.

What do you mean by bits?

As per the door panel pockets!!! uggggghhh... I spent about 3-4 hours on that. I do tend to over engineer some things and this was definately one of them. First issue... Front doors have no way of running the wiring through the door through the factory rubbers. So you have to make your own. The angles that are at play here are horrible! The rear doors weren't near as bad but still required about 14 feet of wire per each door and RGB wire isn't cheap. As per the doors themselves we had to tie everything on the doors to quick connects so if and when the door panels are ever removed you don't have to cut wires or hang panels. Basically you have around 50 solder points on doors alone and then making sure everything looks clean.

If you notice in the video you will not see one visible LED and that is our primary focus. We want you to have the glow and nice look from the LED's but never see anything.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Yeah talks about the door pockets a lot for something they won't do again. I am sure if there is enough money in it, they will do it again.....

I thought it looked pretty cool

as with anything money talks and bull...

As I was telling David, "I hate how well they came out, they look simply amazing and really wish that they didn't lol."

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Raptor party bus edition.

That looks pretty cool/well done work. The dancing lights are a little much for me though. Did you use LEDs for bikes etc? Those are pretty easy to place, just running the wires is a pain. Well done

You can leave it on a single color via the remote or go to different modes depending on what you want to do. The remote functions have around 100 different styles with the ability to brighten or dim them.

We custom made everything and haven't actually done a motor cycle yet. We are currently working on a custom Dallas Cowboys Jeep that will have some stuff that has never been seen before that we will integrate into the raptors at a later date that will blow your mind :).

As per anything running wires is always a big hassle. We probably have around 200 + feet of wire through out on this build.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my Harley in red, white and blue. Way easier then a truckImageUploadedByTapatalk1406834891.641050.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406834909.839944.jpg

I really like the hood and svt logo's