2014 Mytouch Set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it does, it shows like off-road mode, turning the electronic rear axle on and off, turning the front camera on and off, but that is all that is available for the truck apps on my display.

on the first option it says gauge display and then it shows transmission temp, if I hit the right arrow it is only blank and those are the only two pages.

I can then go to fuel economy as the second option which seems to work fine, I can see instant avg mpg and fuel mpg history

then it is the trucks apps and like I said the three pages mainly relate to putting it in sports mode, off-road mode, or turning the camera on

Settings and Information are next but it doesn't lead me anywhere I went through all options and I couldn't really seem to find out how to change the gauge display

OK, so I went for a drive and tried everything - I get the transmission temp which I've used on many trips, but the second page is a blank screen. I guess I never noticed.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RioRatt-Helpful tips and it helps to clarify actually what applink is.

I understand how the apps will be used in the Raptor, I was misunderstanding the app feature, I thought the Apps could be viewed and selected on the my touch screen, Apps will work through normally as they would through your phone but Mytouch will allow access to those apps through the stereo, the big function is in using the voice commands. It's good to understand what to expect though

OK, so I went for a drive and tried everything - I get the transmission temp which I've used on many trips, but the second page is a blank screen. I guess I never noticed.

This exactly what I am talking about. Why is Trans Temp the default? why can I not opt to see like tire pressure or just put it to digital speedometer, There must be a purpose otherwise why would they just decide to make a blank page, that makes no sense, but again I have searched and can't find anything

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

See this graphic is from the 2013 Mustang but it is still mytouch and is the same gauge mode we are looking at, why can we not see these graphics?

2013-Ford-Mustang-Gauge-Mode-Display-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I guess the trans temp is all we will be able to see no digital mph or anything like that

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey iSurvive, does your remote start work? I can't seem to get my remote start to work with my remote, I'll press the button twice, hold the button twice, press it twice and then hold, but it won't turn on, I thought there might be an option in the settings but I didn't see anything either

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey iSurvive, does your remote start work? I can't seem to get my remote start to work with my remote, I'll press the button twice, hold the button twice, press it twice and then hold, but it won't turn on, I thought there might be an option in the settings but I didn't see anything either

There are settings for remote start in the "settings". Did your remote start ever work? If it did and then stopped working, there is usually one common issue: under the hood on the driver's side is a plunger switch. When the hood is shut, the plunger is depressed and remote start is available. If the mount for the plunger is bent down too much, the plunger won't depress completely. If you bend the mount upwards and allow the plunger to be fully depressed, the remote start will work again.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's never worked, but I'm not sure if I'm using the remote correctly, I thought it should start up easier, I thought just pressing the button twice would do the trick, but I've never actually got it to work, I know I have it, I've got the 801A package I should have every feature there is luxury wise

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the 2012 Raptor you press the lock button on the remote once, then the remote startup button twice (all within 3 seconds). Is that how the 2014 works?

Last edited: