2012 Lil Sahara Raptor Dune Run - Pics, Videos, and Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Those video stills are going to make some awesome pics! (Or was that taken with a camera phone?) I've got that same final 012BLUESVT ground-breaking footage from the other side. Will see if I can capture some of those pics in a bit

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

John, you said your alignment was out. Do you have the alignment cams?

Not yet. Whisler says we can get them from Amazon for ~ $40 per side

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

What video format? YouTube really likes .wmv and will upload much faster.

Mac... I think Safari loads in .wmv?

Damn computer had too much editing, iMovie, YouTube, and Raptor **** videos going all at one time. Rebooted and now am back in the game. Have to pace myself... Only one dirty video at a time!!!

OkieRacing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most were from my GoPro, have some on my phone that i have to transfer. I have an old cpu, gopro downloads MP4 and idk how to change to wmv format? Every time I try to edit gopro footage with realplayer it screws up the audio video sync.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most were from my GoPro, have some on my phone that i have to transfer. I have an old cpu, gopro downloads MP4 and idk how to change to wmv format? Every time I try to edit gopro footage with realplayer it screws up the audio video sync.

Is that because you are trying to convert MP4 to .wmv using a PC? Mac should do it readily. You should be ok b/c your GoPro footage readily uploads to YouTube.

Can you capture some clear stills from that awesome footage of Joe's final ride? If you pause it will see some really nice poster potential. See my question on how to do this answered here:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f16/raptors-taking-flight-massive-air-how-question-17626/

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you guys are so fricken awesome for getting the footage!!!!!

You sir are ballsy awesome! I mean look at that air!! We just happened to capture it without 10 people in the way!!!

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

$40 for the whole set...and PM sent your way.

Wow! Great deal. Thanks!

By the way, the TMX skidplate held up very well considering it's torture test this weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TMX SKIDPLATE DUNE RUN TORTURE TEST:

Destroyed my front bumper chasing wild Raptors over dunes in the dark on Saturday night. TMX plate didn't have a nick on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350528492.270550.jpg

After making some large jumps on Sunday morning, with one really rough landing, the TMX plate was cosmetically bent slightly at the front corner edges This could be easily tweaked back in place and off we go again!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350529519.685716.jpg

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TMX SKIDPLATE DUNE RUN TORTURE TEST:

Destroyed my front bumper chasing wild Raptors over dunes in the dark on Saturday night. TMX plate didn't have a nick on it.

View attachment 12614

After making some large jumps on Sunday morning, with one really rough landing, the TMX plate was cosmetically bent slightly at the front corner edges This could be easily tweaked back in place and off we go again!

View attachment 12615

You know its a hard landing when the stock mounting points are pulled down by the skid plate. :waytogo:

You sir, have balls of steel.

2012-10-14_12-29-56_235.jpg

Last edited: