2012 Ford Raptor Pricing is OUT !!!!! here it is guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats 200 bucks compared to a $50k truck? Either you like them in person and end up having to spend an extra $200, or you end up hating them in person and ended up having wasted $1200 on the option just to peel them off and trash them. I'd say if you're on the edge its worth the risk to order without. OR wait another 4-5 months till you finally get to see a '12 in person and order then, and wait another 2-3 months to get it. OR just order now and get it with the first bunch that roll off the assembly line.

And guess it depends on personal tastes on what looks tacky, but the black digital mud printed on a big clear sticker just looked cheap to me all along the edge of where the sticker stops. Once you're up close you can see the edge of the clear sticker, where's the puke smiley? For a $50k truck to have a big clear sticker with digital mud printed on it? no thanks. For that $1200 you can get digital mud painted on the bed sides, have the same look, but 100000x's better quality with no clear sticker look all along and between the mud spatters.

See and I am only the other end of the spectrum, I like my 2010's stickers. I wanted to get my truck to look the most "Raptor-y" (Raptor only paint, bed graphics). So that way there is no way to not notice it is something special even if you are not a Ford fan or a car/truck person.

To me the black (be it the most popular color) is boring and hides alot of the unique feature that make it look like more than a reg F150.

The new bed graphics are OK to me, but I like the 10-11 ones.

And as far as the sticker on mine being mostly a clear sticker, i think of it as side paint protector, if I ever sell it, pull stickers off and tah-dah no more scratches on that part!

TommyBwell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See and I am only the other end of the spectrum, I like my 2010's stickers. I wanted to get my truck to look the most "Raptor-y" (Raptor only paint, bed graphics). So that way there is no way to not notice it is something special even if you are not a Ford fan or a car/truck person.

To me the black (be it the most popular color) is boring and hides alot of the unique feature that make it look like more than a reg F150.

And as far as the sticker on mine being mostly a clear sticker, i think of it as side paint protector, if I ever sell it, pull stickers off and tah-dah no more scratches on that part!
I am with you on on two out of three counts:
1) I like to 10/11 graphics better
2) I think the black hides some of the lines when you see one driving by
3) I think we will be dissapointed if we peel our stickers a few years down the line. I don't believe it will match up any longer.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, not the cobra car, but the cobra emblem- the snake emblem. Wasnt clear there...
The raptor doesnt have a cobra emblem, its got the graphics and the raptor emblem on the back. The new graphic has Raptor slapped on it...as if we didnt know it beforehand.

painted graphics?
Yeah, yeah, yeah...same old argument on the 50k+ GT500s...vinyl stickers...blah blah

I will say that my GT350 which has painted stripes does indeed look nicer...but stripes vs. graphics...apples and oranges in comparison. And I dont guess you looked very closely at the graphic, because its actually two different colors in the graphic, black and then a dark blue flake speckle area as well....not sure how that would work out trying to paint....painting stripes is a tape line, painting exact graphics that have shape variations for every pattern....tape aint gonna cut it.

Someone else asked where I heard the paint for black was ebony? I read that here...paint colors were shared, and its not tuxedo black, but the plain ebony black like on the gt500s

Looked very closely at the graphics, as I wanted to see how they looked in person to decide if I wanted them or not. And I did see they were two shades of black, but the big clear edge of the sticker totally killed the look for me. And they could easily be painted, look at what Ford has done with the OEM painted flames on the superduty harley trucks with the wet on wet paint process, things have come a long way. That would obviously add costs, but for $1,200 or more, a shop could easily paint digital mud on for that cost and look 100x's better than a big clear printed sticker IMO.

As for black being ebony for '12, look at the '12 order guide, it actually shows both black ebony and tuxedo black. Not sure if that means it will still be ebony till they get more pigment then switch to tuxedo, or if they're just going to offer both, or what.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, not the cobra car, but the cobra emblem- the snake emblem. Wasnt clear there...
The raptor doesnt have a cobra emblem, its got the graphics and the raptor emblem on the back. The new graphic has Raptor slapped on it...as if we didnt know it beforehand.

painted graphics?
Yeah, yeah, yeah...same old argument on the 50k+ GT500s...vinyl stickers...blah blah

I will say that my GT350 which has painted stripes does indeed look nicer...but stripes vs. graphics...apples and oranges in comparison. And I dont guess you looked very closely at the graphic, because its actually two different colors in the graphic, black and then a dark blue flake speckle area as well....not sure how that would work out trying to paint....painting stripes is a tape line, painting exact graphics that have shape variations for every pattern....tape aint gonna cut it.

Someone else asked where I heard the paint for black was ebony? I read that here...paint colors were shared, and its not tuxedo black, but the plain ebony black like on the gt500s
I didn't see an Ebony on the order guide but I did see Tuxedo Black... so does that mean Tuxedo Black is back?

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still not sure if I like the new Graphics, I will wait to see it person first. Same goes for the wheels.

im all set to order my 2012 but im seriously torn between the bed graphics if i like them or not need a zoomed in pic an still prob not going to be sure and was wondering if its still possible to get the digital splash graphics or not??? hope anyone can help

I am with you on on two out of three counts:
1) I like to 10/11 graphics better
2) I think the black hides some of the lines when you see one driving by
3) I think we will be dissapointed if we peel our stickers a few years down the line. I don't believe it will match up any longer.

WOW. I thought I was the only one who didn't care for the new graphics. The new ones look "unfinished". I do not like the look of the truck without them, so my option is the 2011 graphics and have the local body shop install them.

(Tip: Have the local body shop order them. If you do not have a connection, the body shop gets parts discounts and will bring the cost down).

I will have a 2012 with 2011 graphics :waytogo:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked very closely at the graphics, as I wanted to see how they looked in person to decide if I wanted them or not. And I did see they were two shades of black, but the big clear edge of the sticker totally killed the look for me. And they could easily be painted, look at what Ford has done with the OEM painted flames on the superduty harley trucks with the wet on wet paint process, things have come a long way. That would obviously add costs, but for $1,200 or more, a shop could easily paint digital mud on for that cost and look 100x's better than a big clear printed sticker IMO.

As for black being ebony for '12, look at the '12 order guide, it actually shows both black ebony and tuxedo black. Not sure if that means it will still be ebony till they get more pigment then switch to tuxedo, or if they're just going to offer both, or what.

Well, I think the truck would be better if it gave me a happy ending after every drive too, but I'll settle for how it came. Rather than bitching about what I dont like about it, I tend to focus on what I do like. But hey, if you want to dip the whole truck in chrome, I wont fault you for it. You are free to make it any way you want it. Thats the beauty of free choice!:peace:
I get weary of what I have a shop do to my vehicles though, especially paint and performance shops.....you start getting them to do something they dont normally do, and there is about a 30% chance of a real **** up, and for something that didnt really need fixing, Im not going to take that chance.

My understanding is tuxedo black is on reserve, and will not be available initally for 2012 on any F150s. But, that said, 2 possibilities- 1. they found a way to get the paint from somewhere, 2. my source is dead wrong....We will see when they start building. I really do hope tux black is here to stay...I love that color!

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I think the truck would be better if it gave me a happy ending after every drive too, but I'll settle for how it came. Rather than bitching about what I dont like about it, I tend to focus on what I do like. But hey, if you want to dip the whole truck in chrome, I wont fault you for it. You are free to make it any way you want it. Thats the beauty of free choice!:peace:
I get weary of what I have a shop do to my vehicles though, especially paint and performance shops.....you start getting them to do something they dont normally do, and there is about a 30% chance of a real **** up, and for something that didnt really need fixing, Im not going to take that chance.

My understanding is tuxedo black is on reserve, and will not be available initally for 2012 on any F150s. But, that said, 2 possibilities- 1. they found a way to get the paint from somewhere, 2. my source is dead wrong....We will see when they start building. I really do hope tux black is here to stay...I love that color!

i wouldnt be worried lets not forget the great no nav scandel of the summer of 2011 an the chaos that ensued im sure youll be able to get what you want just might have to be patient a bit is all

OP
OP
HARLEY6LF250SDU

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO FAR

NO restrictions on Tuxcedo Black UH or NAV for 2012 in order bank??

randy

PS soild black option UA, is NO LONGER in order bank
BLACK PAINT UA NOT AVAILABLE - SWITCH TO UH