GEN 1 2010 6.2l Raptor for desert trails/daily vs '11-14! HELP NEEDED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B63

B63

Reaction score
I decided not to even inspect the truck as something doesn't feel right! I'm looking for other options and even toying with importing on directly from the US.
Thanks a lot guys for help!

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always better to walk away than inherit someone elses problems. The biggest thing I would say that I with my 10 had was the M mode to manually shift through gears. This option started in 2011 up until current models. You also had a more modern entertainment system, and like you stated, power fold mirrors. The seats do wear fairly quickly though, Possibly the original owner was an older heavier set guy, (mid life crisis) and that's where the wear came from. You can tell wether a truck has been taken care of by its service records. And if they're aren't any, a good inspection is required. Another thing to look at would be the shocks. Are the leaking, rusted/dented? This will most likely be your first serious maintenance replacement so a little more detailed inspection can save you on the overall price. One more thing, make sure the driveshaft recall has been done, the orginal shaft in the 10's (and possibly more years) were horrible, noisy, and infuriating. Maybe someone can add to that.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
If it's just the driver seat I wouldn't worry too much, that's prettt standard on these trucks, I weigh 160 though and mine still looks good, however someone who weighs more or slides in and out may have problems

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
$31.7k Raptors here don't really hold their value as much as they do in the US, we also have high customs on cars but a bit lower for trucks! Brand new loaded 2019 Raptor SCREW is $110k and around $100k for a SCAB.

Where is 'here'?

OP
OP
B63

B63

Reaction score
Always better to walk away than inherit someone elses problems. The biggest thing I would say that I with my 10 had was the M mode to manually shift through gears. This option started in 2011 up until current models. You also had a more modern entertainment system, and like you stated, power fold mirrors. The seats do wear fairly quickly though, Possibly the original owner was an older heavier set guy, (mid life crisis) and that's where the wear came from. You can tell wether a truck has been taken care of by its service records. And if they're aren't any, a good inspection is required. Another thing to look at would be the shocks. Are the leaking, rusted/dented? This will most likely be your first serious maintenance replacement so a little more detailed inspection can save you on the overall price. One more thing, make sure the driveshaft recall has been done, the orginal shaft in the 10's (and possibly more years) were horrible, noisy, and infuriating. Maybe someone can add to that.

Yes, I agree..it didn't feel right! Thank you those are definitely some good points I will look into inspecting trucks. 2010s didn't have a manual shift option? Yes, I know about the driveshaft recall but I didn't even get to that part as there was no point. That's true seats do wear quickly but tears are not a common thing, at least for me. I think I'll just look for a 2012-2014 raptor in good condition and save myself the headache.

If it's just the driver seat I wouldn't worry too much, that's prettt standard on these trucks, I weigh 160 though and mine still looks good, however someone who weighs more or slides in and out may have problems

Well the left side of the driver seat is has tears (you can see the inner padding) and I would imagine the seat would need to be reupholstered. The overall condition of the seats doesn't seem that of a 30K truck. The current owner has had the truck for 3.5 years and probably weighs around 180. Something is off about the truck that's making me longer excited to even inspect it.

Where is 'here'?

Jordan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc