20" led combo,flood or spot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 20 and hood mounts. Question for the light experts is... Do I get combo beam, flood or spot for lower grill?

I say this now but this will be my only light upgrade so I'm looking for the most useable light if I weren't going to get the hood mounts just yet.

Last edited:

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the Xmitter Prime Extreme in Combo Beam

XIL-PX3610_catalog.jpg

I promise you won't be disappointed.

I had a Rigid industries 20" on one of my Raptors and it is awesome but this one is 2.5x as bright. It's really unbelievable.

Last edited:

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 20 and hood mounts. Question for the light experts is... Do I get combo beam, flood or spot for lower grill? I say this now but this will be my only light upgrade so I'm looking for the most useable light if I weren't going to get the hood mounts just yet.

The key it's the hood mounts. If you get the Light Cannons(for example) then you can get a floor or combo bar because the light cannons will shine far enough down range and you'll need flood coverage.

If you get flood pattern Whelens or Dually, they aren't as bright as the Vision C nor do they through as much light. Not a bad thing, just a different type of light. Then you would need a 20 inch spot to shoot straight ahead(and FYI with any "spot" pattern you WILL get some beam bleed so it may help the flood).

I have a 20 inch combo bar in my ADD bumper, M&R hood mounts(which are stupid bright), and will be installing a 50 inch radius bar in two weeks.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's your budget?

If you want the most possible output from lights mounted in those two locations, I would recommend Vision-X Light Cannons for the hood mount and a 21" Vision-X 5W Xmitter Xtreme for the bumper grille. This setup will set you back a little over $1600.

I personally like the instant-on of LED lights, but there are some HID options for the hood mounts that will outperform the long range light of the Light Cannons.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Get the Xmitter Prime Extreme in Combo Beam

I promise you won't be disappointed.

I had a Rigid industries 20" on one of my Raptors and it is awesome but this one is 2.5x as bright. It's really unbelievable.

Yep, the Xmitter Xtreme is one bad ****. It will outperform a lot of 30" and 40" light bars. The Baja Designs OnX Pro is very nice too, but I feel their beam patterns are a little more specialized/dedicated where the Xmitter Xtreme fills the more overall light output. Even the Xmitter Xtreme in all 10º has a good amount of spill to fill the void around the main beam.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the responses are great. I will mostly be using them getting to the lake on dirt roads do I need massive distances? Nope... Eastern Canada doesn't exactly have the fast desert or trails most of you down south do.

I was thinking combo (90* flood and 8ish* spot) with an unknown led hood mounts but don't know if its in the budget yet, 20" first. I thinking the combo will give me the best useable light for my conditions around here. The halogens are fine in the city but once they're dirty from salt, mud and road grime they're useless if there isn't any other lighting around.

My problem is I've never seen light output of a bar in person so I don't know how much bleed there is etc.

Bad rap I agree where your going with your suggestion but do you feel the flood on bottom will throw enough? I can't stop thinking about sacrificing a few flood led for spot to help see in corners and dark driveways with nasty ditches but farther down the road, I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Combo. My 20 will be a combo, after reading several posts I think the 20 to start is my bet option and if I keep to up I won't ever decide.

I thank you all for your input !