12 volts under rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtslinger

Reaction score
i've been searching for about an hour now, and I can't find anything, although I know it's in here somewhere.

I want to mount my radio under the rear seat, where is an easy location to get 12 volts under the rear seat.

I'm thinking one of these wires at the inverter must be 12 volts, just not sure which one, and if I should tap into to get the power I need.

Another question.

If there I do tap into one of these wires, is it a constant 12v, or is it on a timer like the cigarette lighter plugs?

I need to be able to listen to the radio while the truck is off sometimes.

Thanks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
inverter is on a timer and it’s a 30a circuit FWIW. I tapped that for my sub amp, but cannot comment on other available power - plenty of wires to choose from though :)

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
inverter is on a timer and it’s a 30a circuit FWIW. I tapped that for my sub amp, but cannot comment on other available power - plenty of wires to choose from though :)

Yes but if the truck turns on energy saving during auto start/stop the inverter will be powered off so that may not be optimal source depending on how the inverter is controlled (is it canbus and sent a message to turn itself off or does the BCM cut power to it).