“Frozen” rotor company?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Big difference stopping a 7300 lb truck vs. 3200 lb car. Living in the mountains I went through 3 full sets of brakes in 120,000 miles. These trucks come under braked from the factory in my opinion. Any imagination how bad it is in the R.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big difference stopping a 7300 lb truck vs. 3200 lb car. Living in the mountains I went through 3 full sets of brakes in 120,000 miles. These trucks come under braked from the factory in my opinion. Any imagination how bad it is in the R.
True, but they are red hot repeatedly on many track/race cars

Booth9999

Reaction score
This explains a bit kinda; they crack not warp. Not sure if why it different but I think more expensive metallurgy and more frequent replacement intervals.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am confused... I have done dozens of track days(not in my raptor)..... 130-150mph down to 50's all weekend. Road America has long straights and heavy breaking zones down hill..... I have never "warped a rotor" no mater how hot or how much I cooled them.... so how are people "warping" rotors on F150"? I have never had my raptor tires increase there pressures by 12-15 LBS no matter how hard I drove it due to break heat like I do on track days.... Maybe i am just to stupid to understand how rotors are being "warped" and not just pad build up.
Back in the day I had an 04 F250 scab with the 6.0, normal driving, occasional hard stops for traffic or whatever, that thing warped rotors more times than I care to remember, never did come up with a conclusion for why

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is only a couple of reason why a rotor will warp IMO. pad dragging, lug nuts not torqued properly. The wheel has build up on the back. Dissimilar metals will cause a build up on the back of the wheel,..... Causing uneven pressure to the rotor when the wheel is torqued.=warped rotor.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Reaction score
There is only a couple of reason why a rotor will warp IMO. pad dragging, lug nuts not torqued properly.the wheel has build up on the back. Dissimilar metals will cause a build up on the back of the wheel,..... Causing uneven pressure to the rotor when the wheel is torqued.=warped rotor.
Add to that bent rims.