‘21 or ‘22?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeetyodeler

Reaction score
I have a ‘22 stock order coming in at the end of the month. I have also been in contact with a dealer for a ‘21. They are similarly equipped, the ‘22 having a couple options I don’t care for and the ‘21 having graphics package, which I also don’t care for. Dealer with the ‘21 is offering slightly better trade for my truck. Which one would you go with, and why?

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a 2011 :).

Seriously, test drive both and get the one that doesn’t go clunk clunk clunk clunk that you feel in your feet and steering wheel.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of info to go off of.. but I'd go with the MY21. I feel like MY22 went to the recycle bin and cost cutting. I'm trying to add R mode to my21 and if trail turn assist can be turned on then my21 will be better than my22 in virtually every way.

The graphics can be easily removed so I wouldn't worry about that unless you're salty about paying for something you're removing. Guess that's your trade difference theoretically. I don't think that resale wise you'll see any difference, and in fact I think my MY21 37PP CO is more valuable than a MY22 in the same spec, in part because the specs can be far more adjusted in 22 to accommodate more builds.

This is all just my opinion of course, but it's what you asked for :)

OP
OP
Yeetyodeler

Yeetyodeler

Reaction score
Not a lot of info to go off of.. but I'd go with the MY21. I feel like MY22 went to the recycle bin and cost cutting. I'm trying to add R mode to my21 and if trail turn assist can be turned on then my21 will be better than my22 in virtually every way.

The graphics can be easily removed so I wouldn't worry about that unless you're salty about paying for something you're removing. Guess that's your trade difference theoretically. I don't think that resale wise you'll see any difference, and in fact I think my MY21 37PP CO is more valuable than a MY22 in the same spec, in part because the specs can be far more adjusted in 22 to accommodate more builds.

This is all just my opinion of course, but it's what you asked for :)
I think you’re right about the ‘21s having better value. And if you can add the R button afterward there’s no point in getting a ‘22 over a ‘21. Thanks for the input!

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just adjusted my ambient lighting inside the truck and was checking out the temperature on the control knobs before thinking about some for the variances.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temperature control knobs can be added back in. As soon as I my 22 I will be able to see how many changes need to be made to add the R button if possible. I don't think anyone has figured out how to keep all of the settings the same as they had them after a key stop so it may be more difficult than just adding the button interface and changing a few lines.

Also just wait for the one you ordered. They are offering more trade allowance on the 2021 because they can add a 10k ADM for an in stock 2022 versus a 2021.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21, more basic amenitie options as stated. Only plus I can think of with 22 is the R button but thats really a gimmick in that you can still adjust with the other three buttons..