The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The specifc 2010 glitch that was acting up was kct5. It has been fixed. This issue al along was a transmission rpm limiter.

-Jeff

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From the looks of it a v3 will not be released. instead we will be doing datalog tuning showing us how the truck is performing and the truck running 91 which allows for a custom tuning application

Nodak_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the looks of it a v3 will not be released. instead we will be doing datalog tuning showing us how the truck is performing and the truck running 91 which allows for a custom tuning application

Does this refer to us datalogging on our SCT's and then sending the data to you for custom tuning that will be fine tuned and sent back to us? If that is the case, when do you start and where do I sign? :leghump:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With TRR coming up, I have a question on the tune. It doesn't affect driving/shifting in Off Road Mode, however I know that ORM does play with some other settings (airbag sensitivity, nannies, etc).

so,

when at TRR, put it in ORM, or not?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With TRR coming up, I have a question on the tune. It doesn't affect driving/shifting in Off Road Mode, however I know that ORM does play with some other settings (airbag sensitivity, nannies, etc).

so,

Its not supposed to effect it.

However, i notice my truck is completely different in ORM with any tune, not limited to SVC.

All throttle response and performance dies, so i never use ORM.

D

Deleted member 12951

Or just remove the tune if ORM is important. I like ORM on runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

so,

My thought on it is this.

Before tuning the truck the switch was significantly better or different when going into ORM , now once you add a tune to you daily driver truck you get so use to immediate throttle response and the more power that it make it feel superior to the ORM. We need to keep in mind all the limitations ford put on these trucks to prevent us from getting out of hand. ORM does turn or some safety features to avoid unexpected airbag deployment or TCS engagement. They also limited power To keep the inexperienced from getting in over their head.

With all that said, my tuner and I reviewed the parameters and possibilities of doing an ORM tune and it could be done with enough interest. However we all driver differently off-road so it's hard to find a base tune everyone would be satisfied with.

-Jeff

D

Deleted member 12951

My thought on it is this.

Before tuning the truck the switch was significantly better or different when going into ORM , now once you add a tune to you daily driver truck you get so use to immediate throttle response and the more power that it make it feel superior to the ORM. We need to keep in mind all the limitations ford put on these trucks to prevent us from getting out of hand. ORM does turn or some safety features to avoid unexpected airbag deployment or TCS engagement. They also limited power To keep the inexperienced from getting in over their head.

With all that said, my tuner and I reviewed the parameters and possibilities of doing an ORM tune and it could be done with enough interest. However we all driver differently off-road so it's hard to find a base tune everyone would be satisfied with.

-Jeff

So are you saying that if you turn on ORM with the SVC tune that it is now limiting the tune or is the performance perfectly acceptable with the tune and ORM? Or does it not make a difference one way or another?

I do like the airbag sensitivity decrease and other features it provides.