Wiring ARB fridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mokie

Mokie

Reaction score
Well I got the outlet wired up today. Getting it through the frame was an adventure.

Looks great! Did you get a slide also? The how did you get through the frame? I used a fish tape and it took me about an 30 minutes or so.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you get a slide also? The how did you get through the frame? I used a fish tape and it took me about an 30 minutes or so.

Yes I got a slide for it as well. I would hate having to unroll the cover every time I need to get in it.
As for the wiring, I just used my fingers and ran the wire from hole to hole a little at a time. I probably have 2 hours total in the install.

OP
OP
Mokie

Mokie

Reaction score
I’ll be using it in AZ for Tuesday to Friday commuting trips, specifically Phoenix all summer where the temp inside the truck or under a bed cover can exceed 140 degrees. The truck will get driven daily, but sometimes not more than 10 miles. I generally keep the fridge full, adding more water to it as I deplete the food. The current dual battery setup in my car works awesome.

How do you have your duel battery set up? Is the second battery hooked up to the main battery also?

OP
OP
Mokie

Mokie

Reaction score
Yes I got a slide for it as well. I would hate having to unroll the cover every time I need to get in it.
As for the wiring, I just used my fingers and ran the wire from hole to hole a little at a time. I probably have 2 hours total in the install.

Hole to hole?!?! Damn! Yeah I bet that was a bitch lol. Post some pics!

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you have your duel battery set up? Is the second battery hooked up to the main battery also?

In my sedan I have a group 31 battery connected to the main with a Blue Sea Systems ACR relay. When there is 13 volts or more from the main the rear automatically connects to charge. Works awesome.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Hole to hole?!?! Damn! Yeah I bet that was a bitch lol. Post some pics!

not really any pics of the frame wiring job. I just kept pushing it to the next hole then using fingers to guide it to the next one again. I pulled it out where the rear fender is and ran it over the rear fender. I put wire look tape on any spot that may rub. The length and placement I put it was just enough. I had maybe 10” -12” to spare.