Windshield Replacement looks funky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics...I feel better. I still want to take a razor to the top piece of rubber and flush it with the glass....I wonder if that could cause leaking or other issues

D

Deleted member 12951

Interesting. Wonder if someone with a 2014 could post up theirs?

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics...I feel better. I still want to take a razor to the top piece of rubber and flush it with the glass....I wonder if that could cause leaking or other issues

After this discussion is over - Honestly - will you ever really notice it again?

I wouldn't cut just because of the fear of leaking. They have planed the older ones like that for a reason. Why temp fate and do it again... ?

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After this discussion is over - Honestly - will you ever really notice it again?

I wouldn't cut just because of the fear of leaking. They have planed the older ones like that for a reason. Why temp fate and do it again... ?

Unfortunately yes, the installer laughed that I was having the windshield replaced for a dime size chip below the wipers...

10-4 on not cutting the rubber

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The glass in bonded, or glued in. even if it did not have the rubber it still should not leak. That of course depends on how it was installed. If the guy was on the phone the whole time i would Want to make sure it doesn't leak.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The glass in bonded, or glued in. even if it did not have the rubber it still should not leak. That of course depends on how it was installed. If the guy was on the phone the whole time i would Want to make sure it doesn't leak.

I don't want to get the guy in trouble , but I don't want my shit leaking either, I am going to call safe lite Monday....