Gen 1 raptor rear right axle replacement problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mortega_69

Reaction score
So I bent my back right axle well doing some donuts hit a big hole super fast but a lil bend in my axle nothing to bad but needs to be replaced. I took out the axle replaced bearings and seals well I was already doing it but now my new axles ABS gear thing dosnt leave the clearance I need to put it in all the way. It hits the bolts that attach the calipers and parking brake assembly to the axle. Also the old ABS gears are completely gone compared to the new axle. I don’t know exactly what it’s called but I attached pictures of it does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?IMG_1359.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 4

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A reliable 4WD shop should be able to remove it, check it for cracks, & straighten out the housing; or know someone else who can. Minor bends can be straightened by bolting the housing to a jig, then carefully applying a torch to tweak it back to shape..... if it's worse than that, it's gonna be real money to fix.

OP
OP
M

Mortega_69

Reaction score
A reliable 4WD shop should be able to remove it, check it for cracks, & straighten out the housing; or know someone else who can. Minor bends can be straightened by bolting the housing to a jig, then carefully applying a torch to tweak it back to shape..... if it's worse than that, it's gonna be real money to fix.
Oh handnt even thought the housing might have been bent but still strange there where 0 teeth left on the other axle im gonna check the other side see how it looks

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you open up the undamaged side you might try to compare how easily the bearing & axle come out on that side. That should tell you if the first side was bent. How far was it driven after impact? Did it steer or track differently? Any new noises? A good shop will be asking those kinds of questions.