Cruise Control buttons not working after steering wheel replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
Replaced my old worn steering wheel with a new OE one on my raptor, install was easy enough but now my cruise control buttons arent working at all. ON/off, set +/-. Nothing happens or pops up on the display when I hit them. Has this happen to anyone else?

My research has said it can possibly be the clock spring, but everything worked prior to the wheel replacement so I'm not sure that would change anything. All the connections look good, so I'm out of ideas unless the switches are just broken on this brand new ford steering wheel.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you reinstall the switchpack that you had on your old steering wheel or is it a new switch?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a 2017 or a 2018 and you put 2019 or 2020 controls in shit won’t work. Swap your controls onto the new wheel.

OP
OP
EagleRaptor

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
If you have a 2017 or a 2018 and you put 2019 or 2020 controls in shit won’t work. Swap your controls onto the new wheel.
Yeah its a 2018, Unfortunately I got rid of the old wheel. Looks like I may have to buy some new ones to see. Thanks

OP
OP
EagleRaptor

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
Just an update to this if anyone else has a similar issue: The cruise control switches that come with a new OE wheel, are not for adaptive cruise control, which I needed. The cruise control switches needed for ACC have different part numbers depending on year even though they look the same. Learn from my mistake, just swap your old switches to a new wheel before you sell it or toss it.

FL3Z-9C888-BA is for MY 2018