Fuel Injector Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jorge

Jorge

Reaction score
Injectors have nothing to do with the head gasket. I would seek clarification on that.

If the computer informed the dealer that the injectors went bad, why would the dealer need to replace the head gasket? Just curious as to what they are going to tell me.

OP
OP
Jorge

Jorge

Reaction score
Thank you all who chimed in. To give you an update, I picked up the truck. They did not replace the head gasket, what they replaced was the valve cover gasket when they replaced the injectors. Driving it home after picking it up, turns out now the transmission is slamming / banging when I brake. It slams downshifting from 6 gear to 5th. Drove back to the dealer. Hopefully it's a computer issue, I had the transmission overhauled last year at the dealer. So glad I got the extended warranty.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only gaskets that should be involved are the 6 manifold gaskets where the manifold mates to the heads. Even those probably don’t need to be replaced unless your truck has 100k+ miles. Mine still looked brand new at 30k.