Fuel Injector Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge

Reaction score
I was driving on the highway and when I stepped on the gas to pass someone the engine started sputtering and I lost power, (felt like I was driving over rumble strips) the check engine light was blinking. I was able to go another mile or so to my destination and shut off the truck. Called a tow and sent the truck to the dealer. The dealer called a few days later that the issue was the injectors and waiting on them to come in. A couple of days later I called to follow up and they told me they are waiting on the head gasket. This worried me. At first the replacement of the fuel injectors was good news, I didn't blow the engine but after they told me about replacing the head gasket, well that has me troubled that the engine did blow. I never heard of replacing the fuel injectors and requiring to change the head gasket or is this standard for these high performance vehicle. Can someone chime in with an explain? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have pulled both the HP and LP injectors in my garage and it didn't require a head gasket. Sounds fishy to me.
And that sounds more like a plug issue. When was the last time you changed those?

OP
OP
Jorge

Jorge

Reaction score
I have not changed the plugs at all. It’s a 2017 but I only have 72,000 miles on it.

OP
OP
Jorge

Jorge

Reaction score
It’s at the dealer. They changed the injectors but they also had to put in a new head gasket. Just wondering if changing the injectors require changing the head gaskets.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 and I have pulled both the hi pressure direct injectors and the low pressure port injectors in my garage and it does not require the head gasket to be touched. They are all located under the manifold between the heads

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The symptoms of loss of power, sputtering, and check engine light flashing is a misfire. The majority of the time it is bad plugs. I would start by getting plugs and make sure they are gapped correctly to .028.