Winch wiring - Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I confused anybody, I was wondering about the amp draw with the control pendant...I was getting confused thinking that's what the pendant draws..when it's literally just a switch.

Winch will be directly wired to the battery, I am running a serate cable to my onboard switches, there is nothing stating what the control pendant draws, which is why I called...

And extra control pendant only costs 50 bucks..and they easily come apart with a few screws..so I can remove the cable safely from the pendant, rewire each positive (either out or in) to either switch 1 or 2...and connect the ground to the truck..the cable is 3 prong and looking at the controllers function is pretty simple to do.

If I have time in the next 2 weeks I will post a tutorial.

I will really like this entire system, cost effective and removable. I can simply disconnect 2 cables and remove a pin, and winch is gone. And install I can either use my onboard switches or plug in my remote for outside functions..

Switch 3 and 4 will be for my lights.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing to avoid is wiring things so accidentally turning on both switches has the winch getting sent signals to go out and in at the same time. There are ways to prevent this but it might take some creative wiring... and an extra (small) relay or two. It depends on how the pendant is wired.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the only time the switches will be "operational" is when its plugged in...otherwise they are dead in place with just a cable attached. The live cable is capped at the end when not in use as well.

I could wire a relay between the two for when has power the other is deenergized, but I'm content with what I have..if one switch is placed over the other then the fuse blows..then I will have to operate the winch with an exterior pendant.

I will have to install smaller fuses...or use the 10 and 15 amp switches. But that's only when the winch is attached. And the onlyerson that will operate it from the inside of the cab is me..

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would personally not wire a winch to a non-momentary switch. I use Warn's wireless remote on my Jeep, and have been very happy with it in a wide varity of situations. Warn Industries - Electrical Accessories for Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches: Wireless Control System

wireless_control-remote.jpg