Wiring Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROAMINREPTAR

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new to this forum and glad to be part of the Raptor community. I have a question about wiring. Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish. I have a Redarc dual battery setup in my Gen 2. I recently installed a switch pros RCR 12. I want to control accessories from the switch pros but have them draw power from the auxiliary battery. Any ideas on how to do this safely and appropriately? Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, prospect...
#OneLessprius

maybe spend a few bucks painting over that primer grey?

so, you want a switch pro circuit to draw from the 2nd battery?
I gotta say I’m a bit outside my experience here, but, use a relay ; trigger from switch pro, power from 2nd battery, ground to well, ... ground

OP
OP
R

ROAMINREPTAR

Reaction score
Primar Grey? lol I love leadfoot. That makes sense I think but don’t know what supplies to get exactly. Any ideas?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the message you sent me was closed and not open for futher responses. the switchpro will always send power from whatever battery you have it connected to. but if you use a relay on each individual circuit, you can have that load draw from the secondary battery. you will need to run a wire from the aux battery to the 87pin of the relay and then the lights to the 30pin of the relay. this allows the switchpro to just power the relays (200ma maximum per relay) and the lights (2-20amp draw) off the other battery.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can also run a 4ga power from the aux battery to a distribution block/fuse box and tag all the power at one spot instead of running 8 lines from the battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter