Wheel Offset and Weight and effects on handling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chayse

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Thanks for the responses so far.

I know I don't want a negative offset wheel. I don't want those hassles. I have been reading a fair amount of the posts on here while waiting for my truck to come in.

Weight is a concern of mine, as well as getting an offset that works for the truck and handles well. I know I have not read of interference with 0 offset wheels. If it is happening, I don't see people mentioning it.

One thing i have not heard, is how does the truck drive with low offset wheels on it? Not smacking the tires into the fender is one thing, but how does it drive from behind the wheel as compared to stock? I'll be honest, this truck will be my DD and it will spend 95+% of its life on the road. Sad, I know, but that is the reality I live in at the moment. It could change once I get the truck though, we'll see.

My choices right now would be:
Get the OEM BL wheels -
PROs - I like the look, it fits as factory
CONs - not really lighter than stock, cost

Level 8 motorsports Tracker 17x8.5 +12 offset -
PROs - I like the look on this wheel as well, cost, light weight (Discount Tire claims it is 22lbs in the 6x135 fitment for the Raptor)
CONs - Low offset (22mm wider than stock on each side), quality?? (not sure as I don't really see them around)
t_20110627.levtra.mtb.ang.jpg

Centerline Wilderness series -
PROs -Light Weight, forged, 17x8.5 +32mm offset
CONs - Cost, finding a design I like in their lineup.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is a DD with weekend mud/field/or whatever. The only issues i have is the width @96" wide at wheels with negative offset. Drive thrus, carwashes, atm, parking spots..

Hell the tow truck that picked up my truck had to remove siderails to get it on the bed.
View attachment 14109

So no issues other than above and previously mentioned with low offset wheels.

-Greg

Last edited:

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a DD with weekend mud/field/or whatever. The only issues i have is the width @96" wide at wheels with negative offset. Drive thrus, carwashes, atm, parking spots..

Hell the tow truck that picked up my truck had to remove siderails to get it on the bed.
View attachment 14109

So no issues other than above and previously mentioned with low offset wheels.

-Greg

Why would you ever have a truck carry around a raptor like that? What is the purpose? Weird.:anitoof: