What is this mystery knob on the 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You would think for all the complaints about MFT, ford would do away with it. My Silverado was definitely easier to do voice commands and use Bluetooth

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Also, looks like terrain selector maybe stabilitrac??

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The investment in MFT was substantial. It's here to stay for a good long while, unfortunately.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first thought about the hitch assist was the same as yours, but they're considering it an option so I was wondering of there was more to it. I think you're onto something with this terrain selector.

probably an option because if you don't get the rearview camera option you couldn't utilize hitch assist, so they probably package it into an option package

If it's a terrain selector, then why are there no symbols around it?

I believe the 4wd selector goes, 2H, 4A, 4H, and 4L.

they may be too hard to read from the pic and just illuminate the setting its on, and probably pops up which terrain selection in the productivity screen, than by your knee cap....at least that's my guess. That's how our sport works.

You would think for all the complaints about MFT, ford would do away with it. My Silverado was definitely easier to do voice commands and use Bluetooth

So what chuckthe big screen and go back to 1990's brick wall of buttons and a little green digital clock? lol. They drastically improved MFT by adding buttons back to the dash and not making it a big touch screen panel with no redundant buttons. I'm sooooo glad I've got a 2012 Raptor with NAV, all the same features at MFT without the missing buttons lol. Our 13 Sport has MFT and I can't stand the all touch screen buttons, I like to just feel and not look, which with all-touch MFT is a random selection as your finger hits all teh wrong crap lol. MFT with the physical buttons added back is a huge improvement.

OP
OP
amphibian

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The investment in MFT was substantial. It's here to stay for a good long while, unfortunately.

That's the problem when a company invests so much into something that it becomes a "capitalized asset". If they drop it, it becomes almost a direct hit to the bottom line.

Such a shame, It could be the best truck on the road by a huge margin if they could get something truly modern in it's place. Imagine the Tesla Infotainment system in it's place.... drool.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Another idea on the knob

Top knob is Diff lock

Bottom knob is 4x4 select

Looking at it again and what I can see of icons.... I think that might actually be it. Boring, sorry I brought it up now.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so what's the one to the left and the one on the door under the window one's?

the one to the left of the knob in question, on the right side of the steering column looks like it's the push button start. The one on the side of the door under the window buttons looks like it's memory seat settings.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just happy to see physical buttons return for the seat heaters/coolers. That's the only thing that's kept me from going to an aftermarket head in my 13! Still can't figure out what genius thought having them touchscreen accessible only would be a great idea! Sheesh!

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like the AC adapter cover that is normally on the passenger side of the dashboard. Just looks like a "knob".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke