Is the HUD worth waiting for on a 24?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Watch those rpms rise while your speed stays the same, while sipping that soy latte, waiting for your Jen Too buddy to come pull you out.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My TRX had hud, my 37pp does not. I don’t find myself longing for it. My wife actually disables the hud on her card.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you really want the HUD it's basically your only option. Unlike a lot of retrofits, you can't really throw this on a 21-23 because of the type of windshield needed to not duplicate the image of a HUD and the aftermarket ones just look like junk. I think it was a huge swing and a miss on Ford's part not including this in the Gen3 from the start but certainly not a dealbreaker from a functionality standpoint. It's not like it tells you anything you don't already know.
The aftermarket HUDs ARE junk. I canvassed the whole market last year, and came away with the conclusion that I was better off without one. None of the ones that I was able to identify were made in the US or even in the West, all have either cryptic or unusable instructions, most all get bad ratings from the people who bought them, and a LOT were failure prone. One caused a fire, and another made the vehicle undrivable and the owner to have to pay to have the entire software suite reloaded.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the new windshield north of $725.00 US ? I’d be cognizant of this. I’ve had 2 OEM busted windshields and they’re a fùcking pain in the àss to get repaired.
I stupidly let safelite have go last time, took them ALL FÛCKING DAY for my 0830 scheduled appointment, then they come out and say Our lane keep machine is out, we can’t let you drive the truck. It’s almost 5 PM and they close at 6. I figure no problem - “it’s configurable on my truck, I’ll take it to the dealer”. No, was their response, so I upped the ante a little by informing the tech that if closing time rolled around, and I was prevented from my vehicle, anyone involved was heading out of the building in cuffs for a larceny charge. That got the manager and I told him the same thing.

MIRACULOUSLY the machine started working and it would only be 10 minutes. “I’ll give 15 minutes to finish or this becomes something more” and I started a timer on my phone. It was ready by 13 minutes into the timer.

Apparently, they have some corporate policy to not return the vehicle if the lane keep hasn’t been recalibrated. Probably some liability issue, etc. but ... No, you can’t just have my truck.

I needed a new windshield on my 2022. $2,000 from Safelite, I about shit

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the new windshield north of $725.00 US ? I’d be cognizant of this. I’ve had 2 OEM busted windshields and they’re a fùcking pain in the àss to get repaired.
I stupidly let safelite have go last time, took them ALL FÛCKING DAY for my 0830 scheduled appointment, then they come out and say Our lane keep machine is out, we can’t let you drive the truck. It’s almost 5 PM and they close at 6. I figure no problem - “it’s configurable on my truck, I’ll take it to the dealer”. No, was their response, so I upped the ante a little by informing the tech that if closing time rolled around, and I was prevented from my vehicle, anyone involved was heading out of the building in cuffs for a larceny charge. That got the manager and I told him the same thing.

MIRACULOUSLY the machine started working and it would only be 10 minutes. “I’ll give 15 minutes to finish or this becomes something more” and I started a timer on my phone. It was ready by 13 minutes into the timer.

Apparently, they have some corporate policy to not return the vehicle if the lane keep hasn’t been recalibrated. Probably some liability issue, etc. but ... No, you can’t just have my truck.
brought mine to dealership,4 hours later truck was ready with new winshields and recalibration: $ 100 with insurance.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoy using the HUD on the Lincoln. It is configurable. If you use navigation it shows the turns. Speed, temp, radar cruise control and settings. Recalibration on windshield changes takes longer so make sure they know. We used ProGlass i think it’s called in phx once on the lincoln and tech didn’t bring the tools and had to come back.

Pnwrider

Reaction score
Had HUD on my last truck, don’t miss it at all on the gen 3. That said, I’d prob wait for a 24 at this point.