Wait for my ‘24 Base model or jump on ‘23 37pkg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

ziggy2022

Reaction score
I'm also in Northern California, east bay where it has been in the high 30's most mornings this week! I personally would go with what you ordered & want, especially if a 24' is being built not far from now. I could care less about the heated steering wheel but I must admit, I have used it on a few cold mornings...may come in handy in the snow this winter.
I recently picked up a 20' Gen 2 that is all stock, but had good wheels, tinted windows, Linex bed, clear bra, Bakflip MX4, and very clean cond., so most stuff I planned to add anyway. It has the sunroof that I did not want because obvious reasons, but was hard to find one w/ out in the color I wanted. It's a nice option, but most previous cars w/ sunroofs ended up having problems..:(
Also, I was curious what HUD was but a quick google answered that...lol

Either way, not a bad position to be in, good luck!
Sorry - I hate acronyms, but thought that was a common one. I should practice what I preach. That’s cool. I’m in San Mateo. I see a few Raptors in the garage at work in Palo Alto. So there are some of us around I have noticed. I like the look of the ‘24 as well and it’s 6k less than the MSRP on this ‘23 37pkg. That said, I watched a million vids last night on the exact setup and people rave about every aspect. There are tons of accounts of never having a problem with the moonroof, but there are nightmare stories as well. What really will teeter me in either direction is the appraisal on the Porsche. By end of January I’ll have another 20k to put down with the sizable equity I have with my trade-in. I certainly don’t want to be in a position where my payment is silly just because of a sudden opportunity. I love all the input here. It’s helpful.

Rattpter

Reaction score
Sorry - I hate acronyms, but thought that was a common one. I should practice what I preach. That’s cool. I’m in San Mateo. I see a few Raptors in the garage at work in Palo Alto. So there are some of us around I have noticed. I like the look of the ‘24 as well and it’s 6k less than the MSRP on this ‘23 37pkg. That said, I watched a million vids last night on the exact setup and people rave about every aspect. There are tons of accounts of never having a problem with the moonroof, but there are nightmare stories as well. What really will teeter me in either direction is the appraisal on the Porsche. By end of January I’ll have another 20k to put down with the sizable equity I have with my trade-in. I certainly don’t want to be in a position where my payment is silly just because of a sudden opportunity. I love all the input here. It’s helpful.
No worries, that's our world now...LOL
My brother in law(BIL) lives in SM, I used to also be on the peninsula before heading east for a bigger house/lot that actually has something larger than a 1-car garage :) I see A LOT of Raptors over here!

Sounds like a good plan to get what you ordered for less $$$, but after watching vids & forum time, you'll be adding 37's, methods, tune, before you know it anyways...it's addicting!

WhiteMamba

Reaction score
Go with the 2024 F150 Raptor but do some research. There are dealerships who offer them at MSRP but you may need to look outside of your city. Often, dealerships within a city will work together to make sure that everybody upcharges on them but Ford hates that they do and those who do end up getting less allocations. Call every dealership within a certain mileage area that you are willing to travel and you are bound to find one. My dealership is giving me the 2024 37 package at MSRP, zero markups of any kind. You have to decide what you want. Moonroofs/sunroofs are one of the most common things to have faults where something breaks and/or starts to leak and it can cost a lot for a fix. The 2024 802A package (includes the 37 tires, the upgraded shocks, the upgraded interior) is only like $3500 more than it was for the 2023 (at least when I compare my 2023 build against my 2024 build), if you were wanting to only add those specific things, except with the 2024 you get the tailgate without the moonroof, the plethora of upgrades that are included like the 2kW power station, and it's brand new. So, regardless of what model you want, the 2024 will also have better quality, which is a huge focal point from last year to this year. The only thing is that they got rid of the Code Orange color for the F150. You will be more happy if you wait and take some time to find a dealership that doesn't charge over MSRP. The only way to get dealerships to not overcharge is to not shop at them ... and yes, if you live in an environment that gets cold, the heated steering wheel is huge! One last thing to consider, if you are thinking about getting the 802A package is that the Raptors that are built for the 802A package are built to accommodate the 37 inch tire, which can be changed to a 35 later on if desired but the 801A is not built for 37 inch tires so upgrading can be tricky especially because the space for the spare tire on the 801A is big enough for a 35 but not for a 37 and the bumper for the 801A is not built in with extra space like it is on the 802A. You have made it this far, the 801A 2024 Raptor begins production December 18th. So far the 802A and 803A are not scheduled through December or January but hopefully February. Pay for what you want. The resale value of the 2024 will be much higher than the 2023, so if you get the 2024 and want to upgrade/downgrade the following year, the overall cost will be less.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
200.gif

Couple of things that stood out among many others:

-The 2024 will have better quality
-The resale value of the 2024 will be much higher

These two are based off of what?

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait for the 24. If you really want a 23 now, you can find them pretty easily at MSRP. i see multiple popping up daily

The HUD alone is worth waiting for IMO.

RollTigers

Reaction score
I ordered and love my 23 37 pkg. Didn’t need the heated stearing wheel. I live in NC and it’s garaged. Heck, I seldom use the heated seats. I wanted an R but dealer wasn’t sure they would get one and it’s a big dealership with several stores over NC. If they received an R I’d just trade up. Never happened. I ordered a 24 R only for the 700+ HP but not that excited since who knows when that will ever show up. May just keep my 23. I get so many compliments on it and I’m extremely happy with it.

Reaction score
So, I have a build date of 1/8 for a base in Agate metallic black - no moonroof cuz … no moonroof. MSRP.

Got a phone call from my salesman today - unexpectedly, a company that they sell to said they were done for ‘23 and would not be taking delivery of an Agate metallic black with the 37 pkg. if I went for it, I’m losing out on a heated steering wheel and the HUD that now comes in the ‘24 - plus I’d have a moonroof I don’t want, but I’d be getting it at MSRP. I’d likely get over it rather quickly. Don’t know why it’s a tough decision for me.
Moonroof is a plus, but no heated steering wheel is a suprisingly big minus. Here in Baltimore it's cold in the winter and once you go heated wheel, ya just can't go back.

OP
OP
Z

ziggy2022

Reaction score
Moonroof is a plus, but no heated steering wheel is a suprisingly big minus. Here in Baltimore it's cold in the winter and once you go heated wheel, ya just can't go back.
The decision was sort of made for me by "The energy flow" - as I refer to it. Like, sometimes you just have to read the undeniable signs that it's time to just stop. There were so many things working against my progress with the deal. It's definitely for the best. I have time to sell my Porsche now and not lose nearly as much $$ as I was going to on trade in. I really wasn't super jazzed about losing travel and power/mileage with the 37's. So I'll go with the '24 build that's exactly what I wanted. Sort of relieved really.