What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changed the downstream O2 sensor on bank 1 (passenger side). I've been getting P0420 codes on and off for 30k miles with TWO different sets of cats - no way I have had 2 bad cats, same side within 30k miles...

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are a good solution:
https://offroadalliance.com/SwarfWorks-Front-License-Plate-Relocation-Bracket-21-Raptor-F150/?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&sku=SWA9|SW-LPML-A01-GRAY&gclid=CjwKCAjw4P6oBhBsEiwAKYVkq2f7IblA1AuGON-v_KmUkM87P9h5rMuk2yALdOxXlMDtlkDUHSBMpxoCPkEQAvD_BwE

I've got a new-condition one that was on my truck before I moved to single plate state.
Should probably get around to listing it in for sale section lol.
If you wanna sell it I just moved to a state that does require a front plate lol

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changed the downstream O2 sensor on bank 1 (passenger side). I've been getting P0420 codes on and off for 30k miles with TWO different sets of cats - no way I have had 2 bad cats, same side within 30k miles...
There is a huge difference in the quality of catalytic converters. We used to go cheap at my shop but after basically a 100% return rate after 3 months we stepped up and purchase great cats.

Screwed myself trying to save customers money. and I would also say that there are a couple vehicles we have had that only an oem cat kept the light of.

Cateran seems to make the best after market cats.

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a huge difference in the quality of catalytic converters. We used to go cheap at my shop but after basically a 100% return rate after 3 months we stepped up and purchase great cats.

Screwed myself trying to save customers money. and I would also say that there are a couple vehicles we have had that only an oem cat kept the light of.

Cateran seems to make the best after market cats.
Well teh OEM cats threw a P0420 at 11k miles... swapped to the new SPD downpipes and guess what? After about the same amount of mileage it threw another P0420. I know that SPD uses quality no CEL cats... so I did the O2 sensor swap. I hope it is the culprit.