2024 Raptor 801a, do I need to wait for tuner before increasing tire size and lift/level kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aostrows

Reaction score
Hey all, I just picked up my 2024 Shelter Green F-150 Raptor 801a as a replacement for my 2018 Gen2. I am looking to repeat similar mods I had on the Gen2, and currently scheduled to start out with Eibach Pro Lift Leveling kit (+2.2" Front | +1.5" Rear) and replacing the stock wheels and 35" tires with new Icon wheels and 37" Toyo Open Country M/T tires.

When I did this for my prior Gen2, I was able to get the new tune for the truck at the same time to account for the lift and new tires. However I am unable to find anyone yet that is selling Tuners confirmed for the 2024 Gen3 models. When I check MPT, Livernois, Goosetuned, etc, none of them have tuners for the 2024 Gen3 available yet. Can't even find a speedometer recalibration tool for the 2024 F-150 yet. Anyone aware of when those may become available, or are they and I am just missing seeing them?

Am I better off waiting on these mods until Tuners are available and I can adjust for the higher clearance and large tire diameter? I would certainly like to gain back any lost power/performance, but am more concerned about whether these changes without a tune will significantly impact mileage/speedometer/unnecessary transmission strain.

And do I need to re-gear going up to the 37's? Most of what I've read says no need with the Gen3 F-150 Raptor, but a lot of varying thoughts on the internet. I don't see anywhere on Ford's Spec sheets where they have different gear for the 802A 37package, so assume I do not need to worry about this.

Thank you for any and all thoughts on the above. I've spent a lot of time reading through prior threads to investigate this particular issue, but not much specific to the 2024s 801a since just recently started rolling out.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like 23+ are oem ecm locked as far as tunes. forscan might still be able to adjust tire diameter.

As far as i know all raptors 35, 37 and R have the same gear ratio so regearing would be a waste of $

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
23 and 24's can't be tuned yet but you can do any lift kit and adjust tire size and recalibrate ride height in Forscan. I just did Eibach 1" springs in the front and 37s. Updated everything in Forscan. Works flawlessly.