What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those centercaps look pretty good. I guess that means you're not going to sell them to me anymore. :ROFLJest: I gave up on painting the SVT red on mine. I couldn't get the paint to lay down flat and I just wasn't happy with the results. It was a real pain in the ass using a toothpick to scrap all the paint out of the groove. I'm so glad I only did one to see if it would work out. Lol.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

That sucks dude. What happened aired down too much or did you run something over?

If you decide to give the paint another shot. Try watching videos or instructions on golf club paint fill install. There are lots of good tricks and the process would be very similar to what you are trying to accomplish

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you decide to give the paint another shot. Try watching videos or instructions on golf club paint fill install. There are lots of good tricks and the process would be very similar to what you are trying to accomplish

Thanks I'll check it out. That's what I was trying to do. the way the SVT is engraved it's shaped like a V so I wanted to layer the paint and fill the groove so it was flush with the face of the cap but kept turning out lumpy looking. From a distance they looked sweet but close up it looked like a blind person painted it. Lol. And when it comes to my vehicles I'm very particular and it has to be perfect so there was no way I was putting them on like that. Lol.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why i just painted mine. I went to try and take them off and after about 15 minutes i said **** this and just taped them off and shot them with BBQ black rustoleum.
Yes, the stock tips are hard to remove. I used a large screwdriver and a dead-blow mallet to hammer them off.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drained 2 cups of rain water out of my spyder led tail lights. Even after sealing with silicone.....any ideas

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150712_132148.png
    ForumRunner_20150712_132148.png
    651.8 KB · Views: 152