What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought an exhaust, some header paint, some plastidip for the wheels until I am ready for some rims, and thinking about some HID's and some tail lights now

I DONT HAVE A BUILD DATE YET
:birgits_tiredcoffee

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Had a little fun yesterday
SNIP

WTF are those bright lights in the back of the cab? Im going to find those useful for ******* tailgaters

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anchored it to three trees and another Raptor while using a snatch block anchored to yet another tree and my trucks winch to help our group recover another Raptor. Epic teamwork with 4 Raptors on trail and one off to recover the truck.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
bought an exhaust, some header paint, some plastidip for the wheels until I am ready for some rims, and thinking about some HID's and some tail lights now

I DONT HAVE A BUILD DATE YET
:birgits_tiredcoffee

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Had a little fun yesterday
SNIP

WTF are those bright lights in the back of the cab? Im going to find those useful for ******* tailgaters

They are digidiodes 3x3 pods. Had them 6 months and had 0 problems! Cant beat that for $125!
http://www.digidiodes.com/digi-diodes-pods--fogs.html?m

Mine are the 6 led ones

They are mounted on TMX rear facing light mounts

http://www.texasmotorworx.com/tmx-rear-facing-light-bracket.html

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Shorter version than posted in a shock thread. :)

I bought a used set of 4 OEM shocks from a 2013 SCREW a few months back. 15,000 miles on them.

For the last 1000 miles or so I have had the hippity hop rear end. Whats been more bothersome than the 2-4 rebounds and soft ass end ride on bumps and humps is the feel of a rock and roll ass end when hammering around turns. This is on the street not the dirt. It feels like one of those lizards you see on TV looks that runs across the water on its hind legs. Just a left, right, left like the rear end is rock and rolling, no wheel hop to speak of just a well, well a motor boat feel? HAhaaaa.

So today I busted out the new used rear shocks. It took me about 20 minutes to swap out the drivers side and about 5 minutes to get the passenges side swapped out in the drive way with a jackstand, floor jack and a few other tools. Bigist deal was getting the the new shock collapsed enough to get it in the top hole. I installed the lower bolt first. Now this is doing one side at a time, removing just the wheel on the side I was working on. So to deal with this I used a ratcheting strap and just used it to collapse the shock.

After I removed the second shock I decided to do a FAT ASS COMPRESSION check comparing the new and old. The old shock would collapse almost completely under my 315 lbs of muscle. The new shock only barley gave at all and only after a little bouncing did it collapse 1/2 inch or so. WOW!

So to me, that seems like the rear of the truck just gained 600 lbs of lift! AHhaaaa.

Test drove the truck and OH MAN what a difference. No wollowing through the turns. I could hammer it and get some minimal wheel spin but ZERO wheel hop and ZERO water lizard feel. WOW! Wish I had the money for different rear leaf's and better shocks but for what I paid for the take offs, I am good for now but want to go ahead and change out the fronts soon. They just so happen to be Mid Perch. So I won't be a low rider after that THANK YOU VERY MUCH! AHhaaaaa.

BDRAG