What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fyrman702

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contemplated for several months how to repair the dreaded F150 broken fresh air/recirculate door. Heard about quotes approaching $2000 for dealer to fix, requires removing the whole dash, steering column and evacuating the A/C system. The part is around $100 or so.

Watched a video on youtube from Motors and Mischief.

It described how to replace the door without removing the dash. I removed the airbag, glove box and side plastic. It was a real pain in the ***. It took me about 4 or 5 hours from start to finish. A few hours in I didn't think it was going to happen. Took a short beer brake and got back to work. Maybe it was 2 beers. My hands and arms are scraped and bruised as well as my left side and back are sore.

I didn't take any photos. The video shows everything you need to see. Now that it's fixed all the pain and frustration is worth it and I have more to spend on other mods. Good luck to anyone who tackles this project. Now I don't have to eat dust and smell exhaust. Thanks again to Motors and Mischief.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I have to say this guy in the video is so annoying! I pray that I never have to do this job because I would have to watch the video multiple times to get thru the fix.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it when someone figures out how to do a job outside the norm and it can save a ton of money. I'm glad that I don't mess with changing this setting on my havac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter