What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is aways nice when weather gets better and you get to see what winter and that crap they use on roads did to your truck.

Uprights, tie rods and uniballs are less than year old, all of them took crap. Looks like i need to get few parts PC'ed soon. Probs to Icon, UCA's look like brand new except uniballs.

after powder coating , i would use ams oil HP. coat the shit out of them and reapply once a year. think it would help.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after powder coating , i would use ams oil HP. coat the shit out of them and reapply once a year. think it would help.

We don't get that shit here unfortunately but i use Fluid Film which is pretty much similar product. I did clean all these parts 3 times really good this winter and sprayed every time. Washed truck only 5 times this winter because those were only warm weekends we had, this is going to change for next winter. Need to finish that garage, so that i can wash it when ever i want.
All these parts had some rock chips here and there from our off-road trips but tie rods are nickel plated and i don't think that shit holds well in here. Uprights are mostly rusting from places where you need to hammer to get UCA or Tie rod end off, so can't blame that either. It's definitely sad to see your pretty mods to look like that but those will look like new soon.
I appreciate your advice anyway. Thanks!

Rodbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do to my Raptor today? I introduced my 2013 to the new 2017 Raptor. New Raptor buddy brought his 17 by the house so I could take it for a spin. Very very sweet ride. I was pleasantly surprised how much power it has. Then I let Bruce drive my Raptor I didn't mention the PC that I had set on Sport + 2 and he about shit when he pushed down on the pedal. Along with my 2013 being SC he had a very big smile on his face. 4ccd3f5cf7629249eccafc07d1880080.jpg
8056a8cbad7beb1f5061f7f100ccc0cb.jpg
dd4f2f65a89b745aeacec1fbf94287d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did I do to my Raptor today? I introduced my 2013 to the new 2017 Raptor. New Raptor buddy brought his 17 by the house so I could take it for a spin. Very very sweet ride. I was pleasantly surprised how much power it has. Then I let Bruce drive my Raptor I didn't mention the PC that I had set on Sport + 2 and he about shit when he pushed down on the pedal. Along with my 2013 being SC he had a very big smile on his face. 4ccd3f5cf7629249eccafc07d1880080.jpg
8056a8cbad7beb1f5061f7f100ccc0cb.jpg
dd4f2f65a89b745aeacec1fbf94287d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours looks like a beast. The new one not so much!