What’s this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At what point do you even need a block heater? How cold and for how many mo out of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
diesels use it alot due the fuel will gel when cold. I have never seen one on a gas motor, I loved it on my diesels for instant warm air when hoping in the truck to go duck hunting.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a block heater, battery warmer and oil pan heater on my '18. Curious to see how the truck is going to do at 40-50 below this winter. The plug hanging out of the front is not because it is an electric vehicle.

13554-race-red-raptor-2018.jpg

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope! You never have to shovel the heat...

Honestly, all it takes to be reasonably comfortable in the heat is shade, moving air, and cool fluids.

I remember working on a farm during high school...I'd get there at 4 or 5, because by noon it was over 120 and too hot to work in the direct sun. Even at 8am you would hose yourself down with water while refilling your spray tanks. But I'd much rather deal with that, than the headache that is snow. Harder to get warm than it is to cool off, too

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take the cold over the heat any day. If it's cold...put more clothes on or move more. If it's hot and you're down to your bathing suit (or less), there's not much more to do. Question for the group, does everyone have this? Where would the cord be bundled? I'm in WA state so not particularly cold here, just curious if I have one or not.