WEIGHING IN -- 37" Grabber Red Label v. 37" BFG Baja T/A (DOT)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried pro comp tires? I've heard some very good things but never had a set.

Dave

Raptorguy21 has the Pro Comps on his new mammoth black fabteched diesel F-350. They look nice in person and he likes them so far, but he hasn't tested them in the dirt yet cause he just got this truck like 2 weeks ago and has been cranking out mods. We'll see how they do.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Raptorguy21 has the Pro Comps on his new mammoth black fabteched diesel F-350. They look nice in person and he likes them so far, but he hasn't tested them in the dirt yet cause he just got this truck like 2 weeks ago and has been cranking out mods. We'll see how they do.

You can say that again.......

I really like the Xtreme A/T's from Pro-Comp, this is the second set I've had. My first set was my Z71 I had back a couple years ago, never got stuck and held up pretty well, but my favorite part is that look like the BFG Projects, but more aggressive

4750_108347079198_794899198_2693057.jpg

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember the 35/12.50/18 Grabber Red Letters weighed 76lbs each, up like 10lbs over stock I think? been a while.

DZRT1134RAt

Reaction score
Shittier than Grabber 37's? I don't think that's possible or I HOPE that's not possible.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

You've got to check daily because they go quick.

Projects out perform Grabbers in all areas. People say projects don't handle well in the rain only because they might have heard someone else say so. I have driven on the freeway in the rain with both tires. If you want to slide around you will. Drive like a normal person and you will be fine. In time people will realize for themselves how horrible the Grabber tire is. I don't recommend buying used projects for anyone's Raptor. Mine have 7 k on them. Tread wear is awesome, but will swap out for new ones @ 10k. I have pushed 15k with the Projects on a Super duty before with no issues. How much are people willing to pay for new 37" projects?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I'll agree with above about the rain. But if you have to lock em up on a slick road I'm betting you will slide some.

On the hwy they are rough, they tend to follow grooves in the pavement, have some shimmy too. Mine did take a shitload of weight to balance though. Could be part of the issue. I think they are worse hwy tires than the grabbers.

Off pavement they are rockstar. Though. Wear great, no flats, grip like crazy.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll agree with above about the rain. But if you have to lock em up on a slick road I'm betting you will slide some.

On the hwy they are rough, they tend to follow grooves in the pavement, have some shimmy too. Mine did take a shitload of weight to balance though. Could be part of the issue. I think they are worse hwy tires than the grabbers.

Off pavement they are rockstar. Though. Wear great, no flats, grip like crazy.

I've got 5500 miles on those Grabbers and they are far from friendly with the road. My wife hates driving the truck now. But they look so ****** good I don't care how they drive. :peace:

I'd hate to drive 100 miles a day on the Projects.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda off topic. But I thought I'd throw this in.

Method Double Standard + 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grappler + Valves + Sensors + 10oz of Counteract = 114lbs

37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grappler = 84lbs

therefore...

Double Standard + Valves & Sensors + Counteract = 30lbs

I also weighed the factory wheel with no valves & sensors = 33lbs

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from all the things said already, the letters turn pink! Mine were worn after about 5000 miles, plus they just started to look like crap after awhile.